• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Box in the Middle of my Photo

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite the newbie when it comes to photoshop, I have only recently gotten it. I edited a photo and everything is perfect except for the fact that there is a white box in the middle of my photo which I cannot get to go away and I haven't seen anyone else with this issue. I thought it would go away once I exported the image but sadly it's still there. What do I do about this?PIC5.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

If all is on one layer then there is a very quick way (it takes much longer to write than do) :

1. Make a rectangular selection around your box

2. Hold down the alt key and make a rectangular selection inside the box (holding down Alt subtracts from the initial selection)

3. Press Shift and F5 to get the Fill dialogue (or go to menu Edit Fill) and choose Content Aware

4. Press OK that will fill the selected area using nearby content
5. Press Ctrl+D to remove the selection marquee

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dbeanie,

If you do not have a stoke box on a layer that you can simply delete, then a quick bit retouching will remove the box.

I have recorded a quick how to video for you using the Stamp Tool: Retouching with the Stamp Tool in Photoshop - YouTube

To sample an area just hold down alt and click.

To increase your brush size press ]

To reduce your brush size press [

I hope this helps!

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel so much more learned with that stamp tool now that you've shown me how to use it haha. Thanks so much Sim, especially for making a video for someone so new to this like me, it really helped me out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dbeanie,

I am glad I could help!

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all is on one layer then there is a very quick way (it takes much longer to write than do) :

1. Make a rectangular selection around your box

2. Hold down the alt key and make a rectangular selection inside the box (holding down Alt subtracts from the initial selection)

3. Press Shift and F5 to get the Fill dialogue (or go to menu Edit Fill) and choose Content Aware

4. Press OK that will fill the selected area using nearby content
5. Press Ctrl+D to remove the selection marquee

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Dave! This was so quick and painless I could hardly believe it. Thanks for taking time out of your day and helping me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the suggestions should work to help you remove that white box.

I have a question for you? Did you mask anything out when you were doing your editing? If so, this white box might be the remains of that masking. If this is the case, you can just go into the mask, like you did before, and remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't do any masking or I wasn't aware of it if I did. Nevertheless, I just tried both of these and it worked incredibly well so thank goodness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines