• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[CS6] Custom Panel hook for C++ API question

Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a plugin (.dll) written in C++ that I want to create a custom panel for, so a few questions:

Is this possible?

If so, could you point me in the direction of what I have to use, I understand that I can use ActiveXObject for web to call native dlls in Js. Would this work for Photoshop?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Yes it has some example calls, also see Action Manager (Script Listener) code converter script! for a modified cpp that gives access to the system command and clipboard functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your .dll (with different name in extension) should have JSX interface. So you can use classic Action Manager code for you own plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an example of a dll in the Bridge SDK Bridge Developer Center

It also shows how to interface with JSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your .dll (with different name in extension) should have JSX interface. So you can use classic Action Manager code for you own plugin.

Does the classic Action Manager use the Bridge?

There is an example of a dll in the Bridge SDK Bridge Developer Center

It also shows how to interface with JSX.

Thanks guys, after talking to the artists they entirely want to stay away from the Bridge at all costs. Half of them already uninstalled it from their machines. Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the example is in the Bridge SDK the dll can be used in Photoshop see "BasicExternalObject" example.

In fact I use that example with modifications for use in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Merlin, quick question about the 'BasicExternalObject' will this contain UI examples or just the connection to the API calls through Js?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create GUI in C++ or in JSX

Anyway in C++ it would be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've currently created the GUI from a C++ resource file but the only way to access it is through File->Automation->MyPlugin, I need a better way to do this with a custom panel icon or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it has some example calls, also see Action Manager (Script Listener) code converter script! for a modified cpp that gives access to the system command and clipboard functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Super, sorry to be a nuisance I'm currently looking at the code from the source you supplied 'AM Code Replacement.jsx' and it seems it's just opening the written file and parsing out the text, I don't see where exactly it's calling any API functions (Js is not my language so please tell me if I'm missing something):

// https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2249343 / CS5.1 / Kukurykus / 15.12.16

// it changes ActionManager code to be much more readeable and neat

function rw(v1, v2, v3) {v2.open(v1), v1 < 'w' ? v3 = v2.read() : v2.write(v3), v2.close(); return v3}

(win = new Window('palette' )).add('statictext {text: "Please wait to end of this process..."}'), win.show()

c = rw('r', File('~/Desktop/ScriptingListenerJS.log')).replace(/(.*\n(.*\n)+|^)([\/ =]+\n)+(.*(\n.*)+)\n\n/, '$4')

r = {a: ["'(^|;\\n) *(var )?'", '\r'], b: ["'\\\\( '", '('], c: ["' \\)'", ')'], d: ["'\"'", '\''], e: ["'ref'", 'REF'],

f: ["'desc'", 'DSC'], g: ["'list'", 'LST'], h: ["'string'", 's'], i: ["'char'", 'c'], j: ["'IDToTypeID'", 'TT']}

eval(l ="for(i in r) c = c.replace(eval('RegExp(' + r[0] + ',\"g\")'), r[1])");

for(i = 0, ARR = eval(arr = '[r.e[1], r.f[1], r.g[1]]'); i < (ARR).length; i++) {

if (!i) arr = eval(arr.replace(/1/g, '0')); arr = ARR.toLowerCase(), n = 1

while(num = c.match(RegExp(ARR + '\\d+'))) c = c.replace(RegExp(num, 'g'), eval(tLC = "arr") + n), n++

if (num && !RegExp((onl = eval(tLC)) + 2).test(c)) c = c.replace(RegExp(onl + 1, 'g'), onl)

}

while(lne = c.match(/(\w+) = ((s|c)TT\('#?[\w ]*'\))/)) {

if ((Ps = /P.*p/.test(app.name)) && lne[3] == 'c') {

l2 = lne[2], lne[2] = "sTT('" + eval(lne[2].replace(/cTT(.*)/, 'typeIDToStringID(charIDToTypeID$1)')) + "')"

if (/''/.test(lne[2])) lne[2] = l2

}

eval((slh = "c = c.replace(RegExp(lne[0].replace(/(?=\\()/, '\\\\').replace(/(?=\\))/, '\\\\')), '')")

+ ".replace(RegExp(lne[1] + '(?=,|\\\\))' + '\\\\b'), lne[2])")

}

for(i = 0; i <  arr.length; i++) {

while(lne = c.match(RegExp('(\\b' + arr +'(\\d*))' + '.*?\)')))  {

eval(slh + ".replace(RegExp('\\\\b' + lne[1] + '(?!\\\\d)'), '(' + lne[0] + ')')\

.replace(RegExp('\\\\b' + lne[1] + '(?!\\\\d)', 'g'), ARR + lne[2])")

}

}

for(i = 0; i < ARR.length; i++) {

c = c.replace(RegExp(' \\((' + String(ARR).replace(/,/g, "|") + ')\\D[= ]+(.*?(\)))\\3', 'g'), ' $2')

.replace(RegExp(ARR, 'g'), arr)

}

r = {a: ["'((\\\\.0+\\\\b|(\\\\.[0-9]{0,5}?)0+))(?=\\\\))'", '$3'], b: ["'(\\\\d)undefined'", '$1'],

c: ["'\\\\r\\\\s+'", '\n'], d: ["'\\)(\\n|\\r)\\\\('", ');\n('], e: ["'\\r|\\n'", '\n\t']}

c = 'function cTT(v) {return charIDToTypeID(v)}; function sTT(v) {return stringIDToTypeID(v)}\

\nfunction someName() {' + eval(l) + '\n}\nsomeName()', rw('w', File('~/Desktop/Code.txt'), c)

s = [$.screens[0].right - 880, (l = c.match(/\n/g).length + 1) < 69 ? l * (16.14 - (l - 5) * (.091 / 67)) : $.screens[0].bottom - 100]

ans = (win = new Window('dialog' )).add('edittext {preferredSize:'+ uneval(s)+', properties: {multiline: true}}')

ans.text = c, ans.active = true, win.add ("button", [0,0,28,19], "OK", {name:'close'}); if (!/P.*p/.test(app.name)) win.show()

// if (Ps) File(File($.fileName).path + '/AM.exe').execute();  win.show() // deprecated since for Windows only

if (/P.*p/.test(app.name)) app.system((/Windows/.test($.os) ? 'clip' : 'pbcopy') + ' < %HOMEPATH%/desktop/Code.txt')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an example, compile the code (64bit) place the dll  in the presets/scripts folder.

Then you can run this script in ExtendScript Toolkit

#target Photoshop

var SCRIPTS_FOLDER =  decodeURI(app.path + '/' + localize('$$$/ScriptingSupport/InstalledScripts=Presets/Scripts'));

var libPath =SCRIPTS_FOLDER + "/BasicExternalObject.dll";

var  psEX = new ExternalObject("lib:" + libPath);

$.writeln(psEX.getClipboard());

$.writeln("-----------------------------");

//Put data on clipboard

psEX.setClipboard("This is put on the clipboard!");

//Get data from clipboard

$.writeln(psEX.getClipboard());

//Clear clipboard

psEX.clearClipboard();

var task = psEX.systemCmd('tasklist').match(/Photoshop.exe/im);

if(task == null){

$.writeln("Photoshop is not running");

}else{

$.writeln("Photoshop is running");

}

This is the basics of calling and retrieving data.

By the way there is a compiled dll here. http://wikisend.com/download/563538

Wikisend: free file sharing service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines