• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent help. Audio Issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an urgent issue here. I have a large project I am doing in After Effects ( I know I shouldnt be. But I started it in AE and after I am done I am swapping to premier for this type of thing). The project would be large but I was prepared. So I kept working and finished the editing. But then around the time the update happened, The audio is missing. The waveforms aren't there and my exports have no sound. I made sure to enable audio on export and still to no avail. Even any new files I put in have the same problems.

I am still new to this so does anyone know what is going wrong here?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Well okay guys. I fixed the issue. I do not know why this is but I just clicked the isolate box for each layer and it enabled the audio

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info about your project nobody can tell you much, including specific info about your audio sources, audio settings and all that good stuff plus system information, possibly screenshots, exact output settings. You've written a lot, but realyl not said anything useful to diagnose the issue (other than saying that these are sucky bugs in AE).

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add whatever info you need. But there is one thing that may be it. It seems the easy enable audio icon thing on the far left of each layer seems to be grayed out. I can see the icon, it just seems darker than icons around it. maybe it is disabled and I don't know it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're new, so you wouldn't have known this -- you never, EVER upgrade software in the middle of a project.  There are just too many things that can go wrong, as you are now painfully aware.

Your best bet is to revert to the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through one of my auto saves but they automatically convert to the new version if I try and open them, which I would assume would apply the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the oldest one and see if it works.  If it does not then that path is closed.

You can reinstall older versions of Ae, a few upgrades ago people screamed about this sort of thing and they enabled that.  The older version may still be there, if you are on Windows from the control panel open "all programs".

If it is not there search this forum and you will see lots of posts that explain how to install older versions.

One nice thing about Adobe products is because of their complexity they have, over time, added many ways to go backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thing you can try is go back through the auto saves and find the newest version that still has audio. 

If I'm doing something complex I save with a different name at key steps, that allows you to go back if you discover a hidden problem later, and always use the feature that incorporates the time into the name of any render and export you do. The auto save files are not big, it's not a huge deal to do.

I use a very methodical file naming and storing system.  That's the roof of the Ae/Pr house, you must be consistent.

If you are not familiar with auto saves just search on the term.

Good luck. Painful lessons teach the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well okay guys. I fixed the issue. I do not know why this is but I just clicked the isolate box for each layer and it enabled the audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear! Save frequently, I use different names at major inflection points, and keep a record of the changes.   I find if something strange happens I can go backwards until I find the problem.

It is a complex program, learning how to troubleshoot is an important skill that is not taught enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines