• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud deprecating native Dolby AC-3 support

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the email blast that just went out, this Q&A in "Common questions" is exactly my situation:

I’m on Windows 7 and just bought a new camera that records in AVC-HD. Does this mean I have to update my operating system and Creative Cloud software version to hear my audio?

Adobe recommends that you update to the latest version of your Creative Cloud software and also update to a more secure operating system (Windows 10 preferred). If you’re unable to do so, please contact the Adobe Customer Care team [emphasis mine]

I'll keep CC up to date as usual but I have no intention of updating Windows 7 for now and I have a lot of AVC-HD source material encoded in AC-3. What are my options?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT upgrade to the 2018 version of Premiere Pro if you want to be able to export using Dolby

No more Dolby export https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2396890

-and how to get it back https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2397175

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good info about export, thanks. What about import/decode? Is the only way to avoid losing audio in existing AVCHD projects to stay on CC 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Win7, pretty much.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines