• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting XD file for devleoper

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am new to XD, but I love the program so far. I am a graphic designer by trade, but I am getting into web and mobile design more and more. I was able to create a web and mobile design using XD. My questions is, what should I export my file as to deliver it to the developer? I see all the different options and I see the page that describes how to export them. So I know HOW to do it....I am just wondering what the best format is to send to the developer. I am not very familiar with SVG files. I have the design done and all my layers organized, I just need to send it. I am not sure if the file is rebuilt or what. I usually create things in Photoshop where they can access each layer.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for using Adobe XD. What format do you currently use when exporting files from Adobe Photoshop? Because you have already read this document Learn how to export production-ready assets from Adobe Experience Design as PNG, SVG, and PDF files. , you do know that you can export your artboards as PNG files.

Did you check with your developers about what they prefer? If the option you require isn't present in Adobe XD, I suggest logging a feature request using Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for using Adobe XD. What format do you currently use when exporting files from Adobe Photoshop? Because you have already read this document Learn how to export production-ready assets from Adobe Experience Design as PNG, SVG, and PDF files. , you do know that you can export your artboards as PNG files.

Did you check with your developers about what they prefer? If the option you require isn't present in Adobe XD, I suggest logging a feature request using Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs Before logging a request, search to see if any similar request has been made previously and vote for it. That way, the team does not end up with too many duplicates of the feature request.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I usually send the file as a layered PSD file. I can talk to them and ask them what they would like. I was just wondering if there was a "gold standard" out there as far as sharing design files with developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No gold standard... it depends on your developers workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Following the steps on the URL you provided, I exported a sample 3 layer artboard to XHDPI (Android) and it just gave me a single PNG file.

How do I export different layers to different files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankit56​ You can select the individual layers that you want to export and follow the same steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that?  Will it export the file in layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you normally deliver to your developers? A layered psd or ai file?

Will sharing your XD file with your developers work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's pretty much awful that I can't export in any format in layers.  Am I missing something?  I need to know this ASAP.

I cannot transition to XD if my developers can't have layers.  This is crap....please help.  How can this be a good tool if it can't do that????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my team we require software which can be used for Design prototype and can be easily shared with developers, We have tried  XD with sharing developer specs

The result was good in terms of sharing assets panel and other details but what about images and SVG files. Ther is no option to download images or SVG or PNG files in real-time. Its extra work to share images and PNG separately. These features are available with Zeplin but it won't support with a windows machine.

Give me the solution so I and my team will start using XD instead of other software or third-party plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a joke, honestly. How can you call that "production-ready assets"? do you even know what the hell you're talking about? Why do I even pay this crap for, honestly what a joke.. I am deleting this crap, downloading sketch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines