• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I locate the Zenith of a spherical panorama for adding a logo?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working on spherical pano's in PS CC 2018.  Apart from it being VERY slow to edit (compared to live edits in Affinity)..  How do I locate the exact Zenith point of a spherical panorama to add my company logo?  (I prefer this to a Nadir logo)  Is there a simple way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Hi,

You can't do it with camera coordinates, but you can find the exact zenith by adding a line at the top of your image and using Rulers.

If you have already created the 3D layer:

1) go to the Diffuse texture in the Layer panel and double click on the SphericalMap label to open the panorama image.

2) Now add a new layer and add a 2-5px line at the top using the Line Tool.

3) add another blank new layer for your logo paint target, and save, close.

4) back in the 3D layer, you should now see a spot ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Garden Gnome and make it a cubic. Add logo than covert back. Also PT Gui has some solutions. A good web site is nodalninja.com for ideas and instructions. Both software manufacturers have instructional videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can't do it with camera coordinates, but you can find the exact zenith by adding a line at the top of your image and using Rulers.

If you have already created the 3D layer:

1) go to the Diffuse texture in the Layer panel and double click on the SphericalMap label to open the panorama image.

2) Now add a new layer and add a 2-5px line at the top using the Line Tool.

3) add another blank new layer for your logo paint target, and save, close.

4) back in the 3D layer, you should now see a spot marking the zenith.

5) turn on Rulers, and change the units to Percent. Then drag out guides to 50% horizontal and 50% vertical.

6) now move the camera view so the spot aligns to the guides cross hair.

7) add a new layer and paste in your logo so it centers on the cross hairs, as well.

8) now merge down to add the logo to the texture map at the exact zenith location.

Hopefully that makes sense and works for you. Feel free to ask for more info or more details.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines