• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2018 droplet issue

Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PS 2018. As soon as I did that I tried to continue my work flow, which includes using droplets. I took at tif file and dragged it onto one of my droplets, and the droplet opened GIMP of all things (I keep it for a few obscure things I won't go into). I check to see that PS 2018 was the default for file type tif, and it is. Still, every time, with all image files, my droplets try and open GIMP. Then I opened PS 2018 and ran a droplet again. It turns out that when PS 2018 is open, that the droplet works, when it's closed, droplets try and open GIMP.

Then I reinstalled 2017 (2015.5) along side PS 2018 because 2018 has an issue with the healing brush being super slow that was so bad I couldn't keep working. Next time I used a droplet, it opens PS 2017.

MAC OS 10.12.6

Any input apprecieated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you generate the droplet using Photoshop CC 2018 or a different version of Photoshop?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the droplets in the previous version of Photoshop, pS 2017. I have never had to create new droplets when upgrading a version of photoshop. Ever. So I'm not sure why this should matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not use a Mac.  A droplet on Windows will start Photoshop if Photoshop is nor running.   I would think the same would be true on a Mac.  If you Installed CC 2018 Adobe will default to remove Previous version of Photoshop.    When You droplet tries to start CC 2017 it will not exist unless you re-install CC 2017.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines