• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Panel won't expand when icon clicked

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing this issue with Photoshop 2017 as well as with the new Photoshop 2018 running on OS X High Sierra. Though, running with the application frame on seems like a work-around, and resetting workspaces to default might seem like an extreme approach when you have a customized workspace that meets your workflow, but I found that simple switching to another workspace and then back seems to reset the behavior of the panels.

The current behavior is an indication of a deeper problem in the Photoshop code itself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having this problem with Photoshop but I am having it with Illustrator (V23.0.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it covered in this list?

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Is it a particular panel?

How do you have these options set?  I hate them myself, and they shouldn't prevent a panel from opening.

All I can tell you is that is not a problem I have ever had with any version of Photoshop using Windows

There are also issues with Mojave

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, I'm having the issue in Illustrator, not Photoshop but I figured a lot of people using PS also use AI and may have had a similar issue.

I'm aware of the preferences you are showing and (I believe) have mine set appropriately...

2019-01-31_16-47-05.png

There was a workaround suggested by an Adobe employee (back in 2017 so it's not a new issue) who said to turn on the Application Frame which does fix it but it shouldn't be reliant upon that - the panels should work with or without the Application Frame turned on (and I hate the Application Frame!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I've had this issue since mac os x El Capitan on several different macs.

Reports of same for Illustrator and InDsign as well.

Panel won't expand when icon clicked

Indesign CC 2017 panels not opening when collapsed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another fix I discovered myself was not to dock the panels to the edge of the screen but to bring it (the entire panel dock) in slightly from the edge.

The problem with this method is that when you maximise the document window it runs behind the panel dock so parts of your work are obscured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen in 2023 and undocking made it work again. Docking it returned to bugged status of tools not expanding on click.

What a horrible bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far i haven't seen the issue on macOS Ventura 13.2.1 and photoshop 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines