• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression help: Position Move over Comp Duration?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I promised I scoured the internet before posting here. Maybe it's my poor understanding of expressions but I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. Maybe someone here can help.

Inside the project is an egg timer denoting the during of the comp. The shape starts to rise a couple of seconds into the comp, it fills another shape layer and stops at the end of the comp.

Right now I'm doing this with keyframes; first I change my comp duration then I grab my last keyframe and move it to the end of the comp.

I reuse this project often but the duration always changes. I was thinking if I could use an expression to speed up my workflow that would be great. I'd be extremely grateful for any help.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 2.51.56 PM.png

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

After Effects Guru: Expressions    Free trial or $19

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects Guru: Expressions    Free trial or $19

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out how an expression would be a big time-saver.  You're changing comp duration.  Just drag a keyframe while you;'re doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having to change multiple keyframes you could connect them to a single slider. So that you are basically creating a transition. Then you only have to change duration and one keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this process several times a day, everyday. It'll be a big time saver I have to do a bunch of finicky stuff with audio just to get to this part of the project so I'm trying to streamline the process. Also, if I'm not around, my colleagues can come in and make adjustments without me having to show the specifics of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to normalize the time then convert it to distance.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines