Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Freezes/Hangs while Editing

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a professional photographer struggling to get ANY editing done with Photoshop freezing/hanging on me constantly.

When I go to use selective masking (note that only two files are open, with a total size of 71.5 MB) is when it seems to happen consistently.

Here is my system:

• HP Envy (2016) Model 860-170VR
  • Windows 10 Home (10.0.15063)
  • Core i7-6700K @ 4 GHz
  • 32 GB Ram
  • Nvidia Quadro K4000 graphics
  • Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet
  • HP and Viewsonic Monitors
  • C: 256GB m2 SSD (system and apps only, with plenty of free space)
  • D: 3TB (used for scratch disk, with plenty of free space)
  • NAS: QNAP 16TB (33% space free)
  • Network: CAT6 Gigabit

All drivers are current, all software current, only 1 browser window and Photoshop are open.

When this happens, if I check the Task Manager, I can see Photoshop is consuming about 10-25% of CPU and 22% of memory.  Disk I/O and network I/O are non-existent.

But only Photoshop refuses to respond to mouse clicks and keyboard commands.

Otherwise, the system continues normally ... I can use the browser, file explorer, open mail, etc.

I have a lot of customers waiting for their pictures, and I am at a standstill, unable to proceed.

PLEASE HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Delanae,

Thanks for the detailed post. Please take a look a tthis article High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine  and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does that need to be done then after each new update from the cloud?  I did as indicated in the linked article.  The problem went away for a short time, but eventually came back.  I'm wondering now if during updates since I did the replacement it was undone by an update.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines