• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Photoshop does not paste from a print screen

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After finding out that the alt-delete fill was a bug, I went to paste a print screen and nothing happened.  Seems like another bug.  Does anyone else have this issue?

How do these obvious things get released Adobe?  Is it just easier (cheaper) to have the community beta test for you?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

No problem here either on Windows 10. To many OPs blame bugs in the software when it's usually something specific to their setup. These things happens and get put right very quickly with the next upgrade. Incidentally the alt-backspace or alt-delete bug is easily over come by doing the keystroke twice.

capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me. Windows  10, latest update.

copypaste.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here either on Windows 10. To many OPs blame bugs in the software when it's usually something specific to their setup. These things happens and get put right very quickly with the next upgrade. Incidentally the alt-backspace or alt-delete bug is easily over come by doing the keystroke twice.

capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After leaving PS open all night and reading these comments I tested it again and it worked.  So it appears there was another issue preventing me from pasting last night.

I have bug and bloat fatigue.  This is not the first or last upgrade that Adobe will push with obvious bugs.  You'd think they'ed have a checklist by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's easy for us people who don't write the software to criticise. Photoshop after 28 years must have millions of lines of code in it now some of which is donkey's years old and cannot be changed without a major re-write and yet the program needs to leverage more power and sophistication from the code with every release. Writing software this complex is not easy and everyone should know by now not to discard the previous version until at least the first update. This doesn't apply just to Adobe but to every vendor, even Tesla has bugs in it's firmware as does the iPhone. Can you name me a software product that is totally bug free, computer scientists say that's an impossible goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs are inevitable and this is my opinion.  FYI I've worked in I.T. my entire career and I've been using Photoshop since version 5.5.  I've also worked in a startup developing apps and have been part of the validation testing process.  My comment is pointed to obvious bugs and part of my irritation is the bloat I've noticed in the latest update.  I've run into bugs in Photoshop since I started using it, but there are what I consider reasonable bugs and then there are obvious bugs.  The alt fill bug falls in the obvious bug "could have should have been caught" in testing. 

I don't feel I'm being unreasonable by voicing my disappointment in something like this and I'm trying to hold Adobe to a higher caliber.  I hold all software vendors accountable and I report bugs all the time.  I complain a lot because it does make a difference, especially when the software is business critical.  Not every company has a budget to set a resource aside and test a new version before going live.  Think about independent designers wasting time upgrading then downgrading... having to back up settings just in case a new release has a major flaw.  That's our time, not Adobes. 

Ever since Adobe moved to the subscription model the obvious bugs have become prevalent and it upsets me because they are making hands over fist more money with the subscription model.  Why shouldn't we expect better from them?  It's OK to give a software company a hard time and hold them to expectations of high quality especially when they have the budgets to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I just want to note that Adobe ditched the donkey years old programming code a few versions back.  We lost some cool filters during that.  Part of the bloat in these latest versions of PS is that I assume they're using code frameworks to make their coding easier, better, unified across platforms.  But those frameworks add a lot of code.  I do believe they optimize it after each release because the 2017 version was snappy.  I hope for the same with 2018.  Not that 2018 is that slow, but I have noticed that its response is a bit lagged compared to the last version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines