• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long will LR Classic be supported for Mac & PC?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the National Broadband Network (NBN) rollout in Australia (government directive) being a complete disaster as far as internet access is concerned and the fact that I have a poor internet service as well as the fact that I like to travel overseas and other remote areas, how long will Adobe be supporting LR Classic?

I need a solution that will work without the need of an internet connection. Data connections overseas are too expensive to contemplate utilizing data when outside of Australia.

I get annoyed when i start LR and am told that LR couldn't find servers to verify the account when i dont have a connection

How many photographers need access to LR when that dont have an internet connection?

Not too sure I should be paying for LR and PS etc when I am going to also require a data connection to be able to use it (LR)......

Is it time to 'jump ship' and start looking for the alternative that will support it's market?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Lightroom Classic CC is the upgrade from Lightroom CC 2015 and functions exactly like the earlier version. i.e your Catalog File and your image files reside on your Computer internal or external HDD, you do not need to be always connected to the internet for it to function. It is only required that you are connected every 90 days for Adobe Creative Cloud to ensure that your subscription is up to date. If you are using the standalone application Lightroom version 6 there is no upgrade to a standa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see LR Classic going away any time soon. LR CC just doesn't have the professional tools and workflow just yet. Classic gives LR users an offline option. I am confident it will be around and still built upon for a very long time yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC is the upgrade from Lightroom CC 2015 and functions exactly like the earlier version. i.e your Catalog File and your image files reside on your Computer internal or external HDD, you do not need to be always connected to the internet for it to function. It is only required that you are connected every 90 days for Adobe Creative Cloud to ensure that your subscription is up to date. If you are using the standalone application Lightroom version 6 there is no upgrade to a standalone version.

The "new" Lightroom CC is a new application and functions with your original image files stored in the Creative Cloud.

Lightroom Classic CC is a current application not a discontinued product labeled classic. To wit it is Classic, great and proven, not was Classic.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will be around for a LONG time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines