• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9 Pro install fail

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first attempt to obtain a solution to my problem with installing Acrobat Pro 9 as part of Adobe Creative Suite 4.

I have spent several months with Adobe Support representatives through their Chat Support service without success.  They have advised various solutions to the problem and two occasions I have given permission for the support representative to take remote control of my iMac in order to resolve the problem.

I’m trying to install Adobe Creative Suite 4 on my iMac 27-inch 2007 4.2Ghz i7 40GB RAM running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

All applications with the exception of Acrobat 9 Pro have installed and run normally.

The first application that I opened was Photoshop, which functioned correctly.

When I opened Acrobat 9 Pro, within a few seconds I was presented with the Software Setup window requesting the serial number but when typing in the correct serial number, it advised me that it was not valid.

I have tried installing Adobe Creative Suite 4 from my DVDs supplied by Adobe and have also tried installing Adobe Creative Suite 4 from the latest version available on line from the Adobe web site from a link supplied by the Adobe Support Representative.

After several months, the support staff have given up and referred me to the “Forums” with the promise that a solution to the problem would be forthcoming.

Case numbers xxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx refer.

[Case numbers removed by moderator. This is a public user forum.]

The following support staff were involved in attempting to solve the problem on the following dates

10/04/2017                        Nepuni

10/04/2017                        Bharati

10/04/2017                        Kunal

11/04/2017                        Laishram

11/04/2017                        Saurabh

05/08/2017                        Ramiz Raja

05/08/2017                        Rahul

07/08/2017                        Shailash Kumar

07/08/2017                        Abhishek

07/08/2017                        Vinita

07/08/2017                        Swati

19/10/2017                        Kapil

19/10/2017                        Parija

Is there anybody who can resolve this problem for me?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised any of these people attempted to help you at all. Acrobat 9 is a very old version, not supported by Adobe and not compatible with your OS. If you want a working version get the current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application does run on this OS, but the serial number is not accepted?  Why will it not accept the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the serial number code doesn't run in this very mismatched system. If you upgrade Mac OS or your Mac it is vital to budget for all new apps. Your expectations don't match common experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what is meant by "doesn't run". Why does Adobe not recognise the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody says it doesn't run at all. We said it "not supported" and "not compatible". That might mean nothing works, it might mean bits of it fail. Do you not believe us? I don't think we can do anything except tell you the same thing in different words. If you still think it should work, consider, who told you that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem , re same Mac and issue. What is the correct ACROBAT program please to fix this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The correct version of Acrobat for you to use is Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MacOS does your Mac run? This is more important than the model of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines