• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect"

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a lot of complains from my clients since every time I update the websites all the visitor get a message with "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect."

I've read this article: Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing (From help Adobe) but:

a) I don't want to touch the .xml from my machine (Because I don't get it, when it says: "It is recommended that you use this setting only for your production site, where client’s are encountering the errors. You should not modify the AppPrefs.xml settings for your sites in the testing environment." What does it mean, that I should edit the file every time I upload the website and re write back to original when I make  tests?

b) My websites include HTML and PHP in it, I read that I should delete the files form the server in order to not get the message, but that would mean that for a moment the website won't be on line, and I don´t want that.

It is driving me crazy because I don't know how to solve it. Is there an option where I could say don't show it any more or so? Or at least, where can I edit it in the HTML file to avoid this message.

Thank you very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GO to Muse themes ...they have a short tutorial of how to solve this. Or you can go here....

Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello HMAM,

Thanks for the tip... but that's what I was explaining in my post... I already read this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

“at least, where can I edit it in the HTML file to avoid this message.”

Colin

The Muse Themes shows how to do exactly what you are asking...once done you are good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the Muse Themes solution too? If so then sorry I can’t be of any more help. Maybe someone else has another solution. It can be aggravating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines