• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which version of Lightroom would be best to use for a designer?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out which version of Lightroom (Classic or CC) to use, or to use both. I am a graphic designer and as such have the full CC creative package that includes everything plus 1TB of storage. So pricing of photography plans is not a consideration for me. I am strictly concerned with workflow.

I currently use Aperture but have gotten hugely lazy keeping up with it know that Apple is no longer supporting it. I haven't yet started using Apple Photos. I've been debating whether to migrate my library to Lightroom and now with the new versions I'm pretty confused.

A fully synced library on all devices would be nice, as would a cloud backup. However I do keep multiple local backups. I generally prefer to have all my photos stored locally (Yes, I'm old school and just feel better "having" all my photos on my machine).

From what I've read so far, it sounds like people do use both applications. Classic and CC. Sounds like the keywords and metadata is the biggest hangup between the two.

Anyone have any input on how a workflow would look using both? Or if I should be using only one? I do use my iPhone for most photos, but also use a DSLR.

B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

It depends on the kind of features you need. This might help: Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom Classic – Which Do I Need?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just realized I have the basic 100GB of storage. Not 1TB. (Sorry, just finally delving into this all). Lets pretend that pricing nor storage is an issue however. Seems that things get ridiculously expensive for a FULL CC user who also wants 1TB of storage. But thats another discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the kind of features you need. This might help: Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom Classic – Which Do I Need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Victoria! That was super helpful! Looks like for any serious user, Classic is the way to go, with additional support from CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines