• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is top search box Sensei only or does it also look at keywords

Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I type something in the search box (top center on desktop app) does the search only use sensei to select images or is it also looking at keywords associated with images?

For example, if I have an image of a bus but it has the keyword "Mountain" for some reason, will typing "mountain" in the search box select that image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Yes, it searches basically all of the information that you can see in LRCC, so it would include filenames, locations, etc. too

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to do that. I think they said it in one of the keynote videos that it also searches keywords and titles/captions on your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No wonder I'm' getting totally irrelevant images.  I use Keywords in Classic for many things in addition to subject.  For example I have a keyword for each trip I took.  So, one trip was "Oregon-Washington-Trip".  I then looked for images of "Oregon" and got all the washington ones as well..

Big problem as we're talking hundreds if not a thousand examples of such keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it searches basically all of the information that you can see in LRCC, so it would include filenames, locations, etc. too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How unfortunate.  As before, that accounts for why my searches are returning as many irrelevant images as relevant ones.  For example, I search Mountain and I get images of bears, lakes, my wife, my hotel room, etc.  It seems the culprit is a keyword in my "trip" keyword structure named "2015-06 Rocky Mountain Trip". 

Really need a set of checkbox options for that search box where you can turn on and off items to restrict what classes of info are used in the search.  Here's such a list of check boxes that come to mind:

- Check All

- Image content

- enter keywords

- Will Export Keywords

- All Keywords

- Titles

- Captions

- Location metadata

- Other metadata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search is extremely rudimentary at the moment indeed. The AI stuff is nice but we need binary operators for searching, the ability to search just in certain metadata categories like just search the AI keywords instead of everything, smart albums, etc. etc. I am sure a lot of this will get added in the future but it will take a few years. Also the challenge is how to do this and keep the interface simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I agree completely. Can I get you to add your requests at Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community  please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added request to feedback site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nope. It does not search filenames. All I get is "oh no! a black hole. No results found. Try searching for things like gog or boat, as well as metadata like keywords or cameras".

UPDATE: I found it only searches images that are already in the cloud, not local ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines