• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.2 not listed in Creative Cloud App

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yesterday I updated my Premiere Pro version 2017 to 2017.1.2, and now the program disappeared from the menu of installed apps in Creative Cloud. I kept the old installation so I deleted the new version and downgraded to the old one and boom it is listed, as soon as I update it disappears again. Does anyone have the same problem? I am on Mac OS 10.13, MacBook Pro 2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hi Milos,
I was just informed that Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.1.4) has been added to the Creative Cloud Application. You no longer need to go to a separate downloads page.

To access this version:

1. Launch the Creative Cloud Application.
    1. The application updates.
  2. If the Creative Cloud app is already launched, from the flyout menu (the 3 dots), choose > Check for App Updates
    1. The Creative Cloud application updates.
  3. Click Apps.
  4. Click Premiere Pro's menu for "Other Versions"
  5. You should now be able to access the CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Premiere Pro CC​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that this is on purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is working on a fix for the CC app meanwhile:

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The download link Download Creative Cloud apps only links to the 2017.0 release. I need the patch/update for 2017.1.2. It seems Adobe have done away with the 'Previous Versions' panel that used to be part of the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Long chat session with support today produced no result. I just need a link to download the patch to 2017.1.2 from 2017.0. It would seem that a software company could/should provide this fairly easily, instead of just a link to each '.0' release of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within a lot of releases in the past, one downloaded the first major release, then from the program's Help menu, went to the "Updates" which is normally near the bottom, and updated to the version of that build series they wanted.

With 2017.0 installed, did you check the Help/Update menu item?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 7.52.48 PM.pngNo dice. Just takes me to the creative cloud app where my only option is to update to 2018, or install 'other versions' CC (7.0) or CS6 (6.0)

Why is this so difficult? Where did the 'Previous Versions' panel go???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPayne  wrote

Same issue here. The download link Download Creative Cloud apps only links to the 2017.0 release. I need the patch/update for 2017.1.2.

Long chat session with support today produced no result. I just need a link to download the patch to 2017.1.2 from 2017.0. It would seem that a software company could/should provide this fairly easily, instead of just a link to each '.0' release of the software.

Calling Jeff A Wright​ : Customer access to all individual patches/updates for all CC 2017 products has been requested for almost a year now, in addition to just the .0 releases... What is the latest on this effort? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPayne  wrote

Same issue here. The download link Download Creative Cloud apps only links to the 2017.0 release. I need the patch/update for 2017.1.2. It seems Adobe have done away with the 'Previous Versions' panel that used to be part of the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

the link I gave in post 3 is for 2017.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann says, her link in post 3 is for 2017.1.2. It shows only "Premiere Pro CC 2017" but in fact is the installer for 2017.1.2. Oddly, the file metadata shows it as 11.1.4, not 11.1.2.

As noted in other posts, it appears that this installer has been modified to remove the dolby codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the Dolby stuff is still there in the computer if 2017 is re-installed ... so probably, if one does get the 2017 version you want re-installed, you'll get Dolby going also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At what folder are you looking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not looking, but I've heard from a couple that have replaced 2017 with 2018, managed to get the 2017 going and they still had their ac3 audio functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> you'll get Dolby going also.

I can't test, I'm on Win 10, but I don't believe so. The successes used restore points or similar that left previous installs intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the 2017.1.2 version for Mac, from the direct download links. The direct link for the installation of 2017.1.2 is available for Mac. The problem is that it does not appear in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my problem for now by just using time machine and the migration assistant to copy my ‘applications‘ folder I had from another Workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milos,
I was just informed that Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.1.4) has been added to the Creative Cloud Application. You no longer need to go to a separate downloads page.

To access this version:

1. Launch the Creative Cloud Application.
    1. The application updates.
  2. If the Creative Cloud app is already launched, from the flyout menu (the 3 dots), choose > Check for App Updates
    1. The Creative Cloud application updates.
  3. Click Apps.
  4. Click Premiere Pro's menu for "Other Versions"
  5. You should now be able to access the CC 2017 (11.1.4) application

Let us know if you were able to access Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.1.4), or if you need additional assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

This is good to hear, but can you confirm if this previous 2017 version contains the Dolby codec, or if it has been removed?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw that the update has arrived. Updating now! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Milos, can you let us know your outcome? What operating system? Did you previously install CC 2018? What version does Premiere Pro show when you open it after the change? CC 2017.1.2?

When I used the 2017 version from the separate download site, the file details in Windows Explorer showed 1.2.4, but the version of Premier installed was 1.2 and without Dolby decoder file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Mac OS 10.13, I didn't install the 2018 version, only updated from 2017.0 to 2017.1.2, yes it shows 2017.1.2 in the about screen and yes it has the Dolby Digital decoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I needed! Although the link posted by @Ann Bens worked as well. Good to have it in the app now as well.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I correct that this thread is completely obsolete?

I'm on 2017 11.0.2 on a Mac 10.10.5.  Creative Cloud Desktop App is up to date, and I executed "check for app updates".

All I'm getting is same as PPayne in post #6 - I can update (presumably to 12.0.0.224?) or I can access CC 7.0 and CS6.

I also assume this is due to the presumably-Dolby situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list is pretty short, and yes apparently due to the ... relationship or lack thereof ... between Adobe and Dolby Laboratories. CS6, the first CC release, a modified 2017 release sans Dolby connection, and of course the latest release.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines