• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code View blank for large (16+ mb) files

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Dreamweaver 2018 CC and if the file is below 16 mb, it opens fine. If it's over, the tab opens, but there is nothing displayed. If I do a Find All, it even finds the items and shows what line they are on, but nothing displays in Code View. Since the file is an XML/Hybrid, it can't be opened in Live View. Is there a preference/config setting to display larger files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Normally, a document of that size should not even be contemplated in web development. My guess is that you are using the file as a data file, in which case you may want to try Adobe FrameMaker (2017 release) - XML/DITA Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, a document of that size should not even be contemplated in web development. My guess is that you are using the file as a data file, in which case you may want to try Adobe FrameMaker (2017 release) - XML/DITA Editor

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 I don't have a file that big to test.

#2 My biggest SQL weighs less than 2 MB.  I also work with XML data but nothing close to 16 MB.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for data use mostly, but I can't afford the Adobe FrameMaker software at this time. Fortunately, I found some free XML editors that do the trick. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often work with large XLM file... (i.e if you need to test edit the firefox bookmark... )... I haven't encounter any trouble opening it... but as soon as a search and replace is launched... no way... DW freeze and hang up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted many time bugs around this.. but still no feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a large sql file. Is there any help possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what your issue is, Dreamweaver is designed to take care of web documents that are usually not so large. If I were to open an SQL document, I would do so by using the correct tool. At the moment I use phpMyAdmin but there are others out there as per https://w3guy.com/alternatives-phpmyadmin/

Because this topic has been answered, please start a new discussion if you have further queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

It is indeed a very large file, but it is the content of a database of a large website. I thought, dreamweaver could do this, but I see, it is not able to. Sometimes I have to work with even big files. I downloaded notepad++ and it had no problems with the size. My options are now to split the file and work on each of these parts with dreamweaver or use notepad++ to work on the file as a whole. Not difficult to descide. I don't need all that stuff in dreamweaver, cause I just work on the code. So a small editor with syntax highliting for my comfort will do.

Sorry to say, but I have some issuses with adobe products and dreamweaver doesn't make it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have made me curious. Why would you need Dreamweaver to work on an SQL file? What is it that you can do better in Dreamweaver or any other text editor that you cannot do in PHPMyAdmin? What code is there to fiddle around with when you can use SQL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines