Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make font and the icons bigger

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I just downloaded Photoshop CS5 and have a problem using it.

All the components of the workspace are just too small to see.

I tried 'restore default workspakces' but nothing changed because I just downloaded it and did nothing yet.

Does anyone know how to make the icons and the menu buttons bigger?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

FYI, everything else but photoshop -- such as chrome and word -- has no problem to use. They are just big enough.

I tried opening both photohop and photohop 64bit but the problem remained the same.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

You can try Edit > Preferences > Interface > UI Font Size: Large

Sadly though, a resolution of 1920 x 1080 would be best.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find a Registry hack to do the job, but you are trying to use old software on a new computer, and they are incompatible.  If took the plunge with CC you'd be OK, so it's up to you to decide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Edit > Preferences > Interface > UI Font Size: Large

Sadly though, a resolution of 1920 x 1080 would be best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice how Photoshop is the only application for which you gave the version?

As has been mentioned you are apparently combining obsolete software with more current components (screen, OS, …) so you can either accept the consequences of your choice or spring for the current version – for which there are, unfortunately, no perpetual licenses being sold by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Photoshop CC 2017 18.1.1 and had the same problem with the components of the workspace being so small that I just couldn't work that way.  You may have already found this, but in addition to trying Edit > Preferences > Interface > UI Font Size: Large (Thank you Bahaar Khan!) you can use

Edit > Preferences > Interface > UI Scaling: 200%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it did get bigger, but it's still too small for my taste.
I'm using Adobe CC, last version, in Windows 10, with a 4K monitor display.
Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. I wish Adobe would fix this interface quirk. I've had every version of Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop since 2000 and it never gets better. Would be nice to simply have the option to make all buttons and the toolbar fonts, in all CC apps small, medium or large, for example. In the latest version of InDesign, even the text in the preferences boxes is chopped off! We can modify the workspace every which way except changing the button size.indesign-prefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines