• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help recommend new computer for Premiere & After Effects, please?

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm migrating from Lightroom/Photoshop to Premiere and After Effects, my Surface Pro 3 computer just isn't cutting the mustard

I need something a bit beefier, but my budget is limited to betweet $1000-1400.  I've found a few good options on NewEgg.

I'm wondering if the GTX 1070 is a good card for video work?  Would this card be significantly better than  a lower card such as the 1050?    What about RAM?  I'm choosing between machines with either 16gb or 32gb.  Obviously 32 sounds better, but which would be most useful for Adobe products -- more RAM or a better video card?

Is there a significant difference between I7 machines running at 3.5ghz vs 4.3ghz?  Will I see that different in Adobe products?

I don't play games at all and I'm only looking for a photo/video machine.  I'm hoping to run 2 4k tvs as monitors (I use one quite comfortably with my Surface Pro).  I know the 1070 card is more comfy with 2k and maybe 4k for games, but can't handle the high frame rate for 2 monitors for games --- but I'm not doing games.... soooo

I'd love any suggestions, thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on my phone so I can't provide the link, but by far the best forum to ask this is the Hardware forum, link showing on the right side of the Overview page of this forum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DoctorMu,

Moved the thread to Hardware space for better assistance.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32gb ram

4.3 ghz i7

GTX 1070

SSD for OS

|---SSD for Scratch+Render

RAID  --|---SSD for Cache

|---SSD for Source Files

|---SSD

I haven't kept up with trends or capabilities of drives these days, but iirc more dedicated drives = better.

Otherwise the machine I have is Raid5 with 5 7200rpm hds for the media+scratch+cache... SSDs would be the dream tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines