• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latching and other behaviors in .ai Layer Name?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a very complex puppet in Illustrator, and large number of layers need to be latched, or need to cycle, or need to hide other items as they play. I understand that I can apply these settings in the Rigging window, but as I make changes to parent layers in Illustrator those settings are erased. I would like to apply them as part of the layer title, if possible, so that as I continue to update my Illustrator file, the behaviors don't have to be reapplied.

I'm using "+" to make layers operate independently, and I'm using "(X)" in the .ai layer names to apply key triggers. What other functions can be applied in this manner?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

We only really recommend doing the + now. Those other codes are the old ways of doing things, before we had those as options inside CH. Now that CH's rigging has evolved, there are too many issues / limitations with keeping this code path. In fact, we don't really support them much anymore because they can lead to inconsistent results. For now I'd wait to do any serious rigging until you're happy with the general structure of your AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We only really recommend doing the + now. Those other codes are the old ways of doing things, before we had those as options inside CH. Now that CH's rigging has evolved, there are too many issues / limitations with keeping this code path. In fact, we don't really support them much anymore because they can lead to inconsistent results. For now I'd wait to do any serious rigging until you're happy with the general structure of your AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alrighty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines