• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Module Photos Turn Black (or white) with GPU in Use

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing yesterday with no issues. This morning, when I switch between images in the Develop module, they turn completely white. Occasionally if I adjust a slider, they will instead turn completely black.

I did not install any updates to Windows, GPU drivers, or Lr between yesterday and the issue starting. I subsequently installed the latest NVIDIA driver and have confirmed that I have the latest Windows updates and current version of Lr.

Disabling Graphics Processor Acceleration fixes the issue every time, but obviously slows everything else down in the Develop module.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue (other than hope that some combination of GPU driver and Lr updates will magically fix everything)?

Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]

NVIDIA Driver Version: 382.33

Windows 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.1198

White.JPG

Black.JPG

Crop.JPG

(while in Crop settings, the image displays normally)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Hi TScholten,

You may try and download the little before version of Nvidia driver because sometimes the latest drivers are not compatible with the software, refer: Lightroom 2015.8: Crashes in Windows 10 (nVidia driver) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TScholten,

You may try and download the little before version of Nvidia driver because sometimes the latest drivers are not compatible with the software, refer: Lightroom 2015.8: Crashes in Windows 10 (nVidia driver) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now with Lightroom CC Classic

Had Ligtroom 6 before without problem

Win 10 ver 1703

AMD Radeon HD 6800 drive 8.01.1500

Regards

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nyhlen,

Please turn off the Graphics Processor from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps.

Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it helps, but I want as much performance as possible

Lightroom CC Classic runs faster than Lightroom 6, but who will not have more speed

Hope for an update

Med Vänliga Hälsningar / Best Regards

Thomas Nyhlén

<<Edited by Moderator>>

Från: Mohit Goyal

Skickat: den 27 oktober 2017 07:49

Till: Thomas Nyhlén

Ämne:  Develop Module Photos Turn Black (or white) with GPU in Use

created by Mohit Goyal <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mohit+Goyal>  in Lightroom Classic CC - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9924228#9924228>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's another update out for Lightroom Classic CC, please open the creative cloud desktop app and check for the updates.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the update, but still get a black window in develop module se picture

Med Vänliga Hälsningar / Best Regards

Thomas Nyhlén

Recreational Researcher

Pilevallsvägen 46 S-238 34 Oxie Sweden

+46 (0)70-330 46 66

<mailto:t.nyhlen@telia.com> t.nyhlen@telia.com

Från: Mohit Goyal

Skickat: den 27 oktober 2017 12:34

Till: Thomas Nyhlén

Ämne: Develop Module Photos Turn Black (or white) with GPU in Use

created by Mohit Goyal <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mohit+Goyal> in Lightroom Classic CC - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9924622#9924622>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this, I have the same issue, also with an AMD 6800 card. The photo turns black if I switch to the develop module. Disabling the graphics card in Lightroom helps, but as you said, who doesn't want the speed?

I have a two-monitor setup. I observed an interesting effect. If I move the Lightroom window in a way that it is partially displayed on my second monitor, the image reappears, even after moving back to my main monitor. And the image is always shown on the second but not the main monitor if I enable both monitors in Lightroom.

I also tried to update to the latest beta driver from AMD (Radeon 16.2.1), this did not help.

I did not have this issue before. Unfortunately, two updates happenend the same day - Lightroom CC classic and Windows 10 1709, so I am not sure which update is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ups, I just noticed that for some reason the update of the AMD graphics driver hat failed recently and I was still on 15.x. After upgrading to the beta driver 16.2.1, it looks like the issue is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no, sorry, it's back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to LR CC (Release 7.0.1) and encountered the exact same issue.  I sure would like to use my GPU. Mine is a Radeon HD 6670.  Is this something specific to Radeon? Or lower end Radeon?  Why buy a GPU???

In looking at the messages, this is not a new issue.  Hey Adobe - can you fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to version 7.2 of Lightroom CC, but the problem is still there

My graphic card haven't been updated since everything worked with latest version of Lightroom 6 and it seems to fill the basic demands (AMD HD 6800)

/ Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My graphic card haven't been updated since everything worked with latest version of Lightroom 6

I recommend you update your graphics driver by visiting the manufacturer's Web site directly: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ . Adobe is improving and changing its graphics display in every release, and LR often trips over buggy drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines