• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

alt + delete shortcut not working anymore

Participant ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, since i updated to photoshop cc 2018 ALT+DEL doesn't fill with the foreground-color anymore. and i cannot add the shortcut manually. why? can this be fixed? i am way to used to this, instead having to double press alt + backspace backspace... not really an improvement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi,

We have released an update for Photoshop which is Photoshop CC (19.0.1). This update includes many (50+) bug fixes for the top customer reported issues in 19.0. To update Photoshop CC to 19.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Photoshop CC. Please check this link for more info: Photoshop CC 19.0.1 now available | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a known bug that has slipped through beta testing. All you can do is wait for an update to be posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanky for the headup. so i'll wait

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I just tried it with my new update and all seems to be working as normal.

Alt + Delete fills the layer with the with Layer with the foreground color

Shift + Backspace/delete is to fill with background color.

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 17.07.18.png

Cheers Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Must admit I did think this was a Windows only bug and I see you are using a Mac. Alt-del can be used on a PC but usually its alt-backspace. It will be interesting to see if commercial actions are affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point Terri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this bug after updating - I use it all the time (ALT + DELETE)

I have also found a way for it to work, ALT + DELETE DELETE - so it double tap on the delete button, fast, to make it work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you... thats at least a better workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually found that with the new PS CC 2018 update the Alt key is getting stuck or is generally slow. Try the brush tool and press alt to get into the eyedropper - what used to be instant, now takes about a second! And it's not even a set delay, seems to be randomly slower and faster!

I discovered the alt+ 2x Del workaround on Friday too, but it's a nuisance as sometimes the fill happens after one tap, sometimes only after two - pretty crap if you're working blindly with masks and selections!

Another weird problem is that if I tap alt in PS on its own - alt now "sticks" and I get those menu bar highlights as if I were using keyboard accessibility options (so I can press F to open the FIle menu, etc).

So far I'm not happy with this update... I'm gonna have to reinstall CC 2017 for now to be able to actually work at my pace...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree-  my PS definately has some slow down on the Keyboard shortcuts, and this is a  pain as its what I use all the time and reply on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to 2017 - as usual, Adobe has screwed the pooch with an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work around! I have always used Alt+Delete didn't know Alt+Backspace also worked. but for both need to tap the Backspace/Delete twice now.

Ttherefore, it isn't working on my wacom side express keys..hope they fix this soon! (for now I am trying to get use to filling with the background color or just switch to fill bucket )

Only problem I have had with my 2018 though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you can try Elaine is pressing the 'x' key to swap foreground and background colors, then ctrl-backspace (on Windows) and that will of course paste in the original foreground color. That should work on your tablet-so 'x' on the keyboard followed by the tablet button for background fill.Another thing that works surprisingly is the 'modifier panel' If you depress 'alt' on that and backspace the shortcut does work as before even though it's broken when used by the keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew about the x thing, but still an annoying extra step to get use to.

But you did remind me I have the alt modifier set up for eyedropper on my pen.

Still requires pressing backspace twice haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've read above that some of you are experiencing slowdowns with shortcut keys, I thought I just had a messed up keyboard, anyone experiencing a delay with the tab key?  I mean, when I want to save a file under a different ext, it takes a while for it to start tabbing through the different options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It really saved me! thanks. thanks. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue with ALT + Backspace not working.. also pressing ALT (to copy a layer) takes up to one second until you see the "duplicate layer" cursor (which is VERY annoying if you work with keyboard shortcuts a lot). Also my impression is that overall performance is GREATLY reduced in comparison to 2017 version. Some project PSDs are not VERY sluggish, which i never had any performance troubles with.

Switching back to CC 2017 version for the time being, unable to work with the current version 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might like to look at my post below

Alt+Delete only works when double tap delete.

It describes making an action to assign a foreground fill to a different key-very easy to do and should suffice till Adobe bring out a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update for Photoshop which is Photoshop CC (19.0.1). This update includes many (50+) bug fixes for the top customer reported issues in 19.0. To update Photoshop CC to 19.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Photoshop CC. Please check this link for more info: Photoshop CC 19.0.1 now available | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC v19.0 on Windows. I have been to the Creative Cloud site and there is no update listed as available. When is v19.0.1 going to be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to my own statement above, it was determined that the CC app had stopped updating the Adobe apps--it was showing them as up-to-date instead of showing them as having updates available. When I asked the technician how this could be, he said "Perhaps the apps were installed using the packaging tool and updates were disabled while the package was created." Not really sure what that means--I have installed/updated all of the Adobe apps through CC, and I don't see any option there which allows you to disable update availability. (You can affect notifications, but that was not the issue here.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred,

are you under the impression that the apps update automatically, because they don't? You should get a notification that updates are available, but only if that is turned on in the desktop application preferences and if the desktop app launches at login.

1.png

You can force a check for updates by using 'Check for updates' and that's always the best way.

2.png

Because of the load on the Adobe servers , notifications are often staggered depending on location, however you should have the latest version now as it's been out for over 6 weeks. The latest version is

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20171103.r.190 2017/11/03: 1143799  x64

You can check by going to 'system info' under the Help menu and the version is on the first line.

Another problem could be you have disabled some of the Adobe components in the 'Task Manager' of your operating system , in which case you will not be informed of updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines