• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am existing user/subscriber of "Creative Cloud Photography plan". I am planning to upgrade to "Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB".  I wonder how can I upload my Lightroom photos library, which is around 500GB, to the Creative cloud. Is there any sync tool doing it automatically?

Your help is welcome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answer from someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start the new Lightroom CC app and then look under the File menu for "Migrate Lightroom Catalog"... Please see:

Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

(Be aware that you can only migrate any given Lightroom Classic catalog once to Lightroom CC.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the above. You would need to migrate your catalog from Lr Classic.

Launch Lr CC and go to the menu:

File >> Migrate Lightroom Catalog

You will need to ensure you have sufficient spare disk space greater that 500Gb as Lr CC needs to copy all of your originals, upload them to the cloud and cross reference them with your existing catalog. If you don’t have enough space in the Pictures directory, use an external hard drive. Note this is temporary storage and once everything is backed up in the cloud, originals will drop out of the system cache. So there is no need to worry about duplication*. Lr CC works with a cache of proxies to efficiently manage disk usage and minimize its footprint on computers and mobile devices.

Backup your existing catalog when you quit Lightroom

If still using Lr CC 2015 install LR Classic and upgrade your catalog

Launch Lr CC and start the migration

*N.B Lr CC lets you set a drive & folder in preferences to store a local copy if preferred but you could simply use your existing catalog and files as an archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, however my question was how to upload my photos to cloud since I am planning to stay with Lightroom Classic but upgrade my plan to 1TB. Is there any sync tool doing it automaticall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are sticking with lr classic you can only sync smart previews manually from collections. But these are compressed  DNG files so you may not need 1TB of cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to upgrade to 1 TB of storage to your existing Lightroom Classic Photography Plan use this link: Adobe CC Photography Plan | Professional Photo Editing Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aristotelisd67259155  wrote

Thanks for your reply, however my question was how to upload my photos to cloud since I am planning to stay with Lightroom Classic but upgrade my plan to 1TB. Is there any sync tool doing it automaticall?

As said above. Classic will only sync smart previews annoyingly but for most purposes that is fine. You do this by creating a collection that you set to sync and then you just drop all the images you want to sync into it. If you want original raw files on the cloud, you have to go through Lightroom CC unfortunately but you can then still sync adjustments and use them in Classic. Hopefully they will add the capability to sync raw files through Classic at some point. Add your vote here: Lightroom Classic should be able to Sync full raw files to the cloud, not just smart previews | Phot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom CC on my mobile devices and sync back and forth to Classic on the desktop. Previously I could sync to the cloud without affecting any storage limit. I have no need to use CC on the desktop. I am confused as I haven’t upgraded to a CC 1Tb subscription, however the mobile apps are showing an amount of storage available out of 1Tb. I am totally confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only one confused. I think it will take Adobe a little time to rationalize storage limits.

Until now, the ability to sync originals to cloud storage was limited to web and mobile devices with a camera connection kit or photos shot directly with a phone e.g. into Camera Roll or using the Adobe camera app to shoot DNG. Otherwise only smart previews were sync’d.

With the launch of Lr CC this brings a new dynamic and the concept of Photos Everywhere; on the desktop and on mobile.

So basic and photo storage for subscribers may get consolidated in the future. Why have separate storage for CC documents, libraries etc. and then for photos e.g. 2GB/1TB, 20GB/1TB or 100GB/1TB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

phil5743  wrote

I am confused as I haven’t upgraded to a CC 1Tb subscription, however the mobile apps are showing an amount of storage available out of 1Tb.

I'm not at liberty to say much more than... enjoy it.   Since you already had more than 20GB in the cloud, enforcing the 20GB limit on your account would have deleted photos. Adobe aren't that mean. It's your lucky day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that’s good to know, however I would prefer to have some firm information as to how this will play out going forward. I may have been gifted some extra storage , but previously this was unlimited anyway. What will happen as I continue to add images - I don’t want to suddenly be landed with 9.99 added to my existing monthly payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a word with customer services and see what they're allowed to say Phil. If they can't tell you, let me know and I'll see if I can get you something more concrete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't see the initial question fully answered. I'm with the 20GB plan - but in LR CC I've 1 TB of Cloud storage. I can upload vie LR CC (Desktop & Mobile) and all original files will be uploaded to cload as desired. Sync from Classic will only upload smart previews. So far anything good.

So I've uploaded 400GB but have only 20GB with my plan. Whatever I upload via LR CC it doesn't count against the 20GB limit. If I upload something in the Creative Cloud it counts against limit as expected.

So what is the difference between the two clouds? Can I expect to have the 1TB forever or can I even expand it? Or will Adobe drop storage down to 20GB and I've to buy additional storage?

Don't tell me I'm lucky - I really need trust here what amount of storage is available to me and what not!

Adobe can't make a clear statement in the moment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holkstar, talk to customer services to confirm your particular account details. This exception only affects a small number of people who already had a large number of files in the Lightroom cloud, so Adobe are unlikely to make a public statement, because everyone else would be jealous. If customer services are unable to help, I'll find you someone who can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines