• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer order screwy (again)

Enthusiast ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Muse file that was originally conceived some three years ago (along with multiple updates since). A go-to-top button – pinned to the bottom of the page – overlaps elements placed on higher layers. In other words: it ignores the layer hierarchy.

This is not the first time I have come across this and, if I remember correctly, the last time I stumbled onto this (likely Muse 2017 release) I had to rebuild the entire site to eliminate the problem.

Sample file illustrating issue:

Dropbox - 171027 layers test1.muse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Thanks Uwe, I get what you're trying to achieve with the workaround but the point is that I want the button to slide out from under the bars above it, and remain static (ruling out Ankush's workaround). This used to work.

Again I stress this simple point: how on earth can something as utterly fundamental as layers be messed up? These are basic building blocks folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me? What do I miss? You haven´t placed an anchor, though. But that´s not your issue, right?

Help me, please.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button on layer 2 should be under the two orange shapes on layer 3. It's displayed at the top for me.

As for anchors etc I stripped the original file down to just the basics to illustrate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want the "back to top button" to appear as soon as the orange layers got passed by?

Looks strange, as it has to do with the pinning. I must admit, not to have an idea why the back to top appears on top.

I only found this workaround for you:  Adobe Creative Cloud

The only disadvantage: this scroll motion works only as long as you stay with fixed width breakpoints. Not to mix it up with fixed width page, though. Do you plan to work with adaptive design?

You could go with responsive but with "my" solution only with fixed width breakpoints. So for mobile devices/phones, when fluid width breakpoints are recommended this will not work.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the back-to-top button to be pinned to the bottom, and more importantly, to honour my layers arrangement (i.e. vanish beneath the orange blocks when reaching that point).

Boggles the mind how something as utterly fundamental as layer order can be messed up in software deemed beyond Alpha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you realize the scroll motion of your button? So it now appears as soon as you like?

I find this quite interesting for you, no?

Sorry to not have another solution. Maybe this is a bug ankushr40215001​ or Preran​?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No scroll motion, only pinning.

Besides, neither should have any effect whatsoever on Z-order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am looking into it.

However, after looking at your design I assume that your requirement can be fulfilled even without pinning the object!

Or do you want to hide only when it reaches the colored boxes, and show on the white portion?\

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush. Well, ideally, I'd like Muse to treat layers the way I set them!

What could be simpler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in discussion with dev team about it, until then it will be feasible to unpin the abject and just place it at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you didn´t check my file?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Uwe, I get what you're trying to achieve with the workaround but the point is that I want the button to slide out from under the bars above it, and remain static (ruling out Ankush's workaround). This used to work.

Again I stress this simple point: how on earth can something as utterly fundamental as layers be messed up? These are basic building blocks folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines