• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue on creating Droplets in CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we trie to generate a new droplet it does not handle the action.

It only opens the File and saves it as PSD. Doesn't matter which format you set in your action and it ignores all orders you set in the action.

It even ignores folder and naming you've set while creating the droplet.

We tried it on 10 Macs in our Company.. all have the same issue. Old Droplets are still working but we can't create new ones.

Anyone heard of this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

In your action Save As step is set to save as a psd file.

If you want to change to another format, it's probably best to delete the save as step and record it again using the different file format.

Anytime you have a save as step in an action and specify a different destination folder in the create droplet settings other than the action save as you need to check Override action"Save As" commands which still saves as the recorded format (psd in your action), but saves to the destination folder spec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've created several new droplets using photoshop cc 2018 on different macs and haven't seen any major new issues related to photoshop cc 2018, so far.

If your able to post a screenshot of the action and Create Droplet settings that would be very helpful in determining the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a new installation of PS CC 2018 this morning but it did not change.

Attached you can see some screenshots.

The action and droplet settings and the result.

PS created a PSD file on my desktop instead of a TIFF file in the destination folder

Thank  for your help so far

action settings.png

droplet settings.png

result.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your action Save As step is set to save as a psd file.

If you want to change to another format, it's probably best to delete the save as step and record it again using the different file format.

Anytime you have a save as step in an action and specify a different destination folder in the create droplet settings other than the action save as you need to check Override action"Save As" commands which still saves as the recorded format (psd in your action), but saves to the destination folder specified in the create droplet settings instead of the action save as step.

dropte.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh the Save as PSD was wrong cause I hastily reproduced the action.

The problem was the Override Action.. quite embarrissing after creating dozens of droplets.

Sorry guys and thanks for clearing my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some weird issues with droplets lately so I tested this. I made an action in PS 2017 and saved it as a droplet. I made the same action in PS 2018 and created an identical droplet. Both droplets work identically using PS 2018. If I have PS 2017 (2015.5) open and use the droplet created in PS 2018, it works and runs correctly in PS 2017. Just thought I'd let you know another user tried to reproduce this and couldn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines