• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which is better??

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC but I wonder if I should keep it or switch to v. 6 of Lightroom Classic. Help meeee pls

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted your question in two places.   I tried to answer your question here:   Which is Better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this largely depends on what you already do and what you might wish to do. I personally like the Creative Cloud because I get the updates. Would you mind telling us what you do and/or what you wish to do? Are you a hobby photographer? Someone who shoots all the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a photographer who shoots a lot. The thing is, is I feel like I don't get all of the things in LR CC that I would in the classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, that is a correct statement. Lightroom CC does not have all of the features that Lightroom Classic has. I am hopeful that this will change with time. I was fortunate enough to speak to some of the people on the Lightroom development team at Adobe MAX and they assured me that they would not be getting rid of Lightroom Classic just because we have Lightroom CC now.

I am a photographer as well and I am currently still using Lightroom Classic. However, I have played with Lightroom CC and I can see how it might be useful for some. For me personally, I would run out of the cloud storage space very quickly and I really do not want to pay for extra storage at this time.

I hope that helps a little

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it does! So if you were me would you stay with Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, I would say yes. That is personally what I am doing: Sticking with Lightroom Classic. This doesn't mean I'll never use Lightroom CC. I really think they will add more features in the future and it will make it worth using!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but it is going to take quite a few years realistically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely! I never said it would happen quickly! lol These things take time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stand alone LR6 will work with your Canon Rebel t5i. But Adobe stops supporting LR6 perpetual after the end of this year. So if you invest in a new camera in the future it will not recognize the raw Cr2 files. No problems if you only shoot jpeg.

Lr CC has automatic backup to the cloud and all your photos will be available on any mobile phone or tablet.

Victoria (Lightroom Queen) has a useful flow chart to help you decide what type of subscription may be best for you unless you stick with Lr6.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, is I just wish that I had all the things in LR CC that I would have in Lightroom Classic. So hopefully LR CC gets updated with all the things LR classic does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a brand new desk top app, built from the ground up, a 1.0 version like Lr classic was 10 years ago. You can be sure Adobe will keep adding features with each update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines