• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User interface bug - Acrobat DC Build: 17.12.20098.240878 on Mac OSX on Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

Since early 2017, my colleagues and I have been experiencing difficulty with the Adobe Acrobat user interface. For example, upon opening a PDF, attempting to use another set of tools such as the print production tools is not possible - I can see the icon and click it, but nothing changes. The workaround is to then go to the Adobe Acrobat preferences, then general, and as soon as this dialog opens the print production tools suddenly become available. This is not limited to print production tools but is a good example.

This issue may be compounded by the affected machines also having enfocus pitstop installed. However, they deny the issue is theirs to fix:

Known issues and solutions | Enfocus

Adobe did release a patch recently to address this issue: Plug-in toolbars keep disappearing – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Unfortunately, the installation has not resolved the issue that we are having. I'm happy to take screen footage of what is happening if this helps.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions?

Colin

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

Sorry for taking so long in responding to your query.

Could you please try creating a new user account and launch Acrobat from there to see if that resolves the issue?

You may refer to this link on how to create a new user account on Mac: macOS Sierra: Set up users, guests, and groups on your Mac

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines