• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Can't install the Adobe XD because. error 191

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having an install issue. I am running the most recent version of Windows 10. Haven't had issues installing other Adobe CC products.

I had the beta version installed, but was able to uninstall it from the CC app.

I checked for application updates, and the "update" button changed to "install"

Now it is erroring out during the install at around 95%

There is no error code, just a generic "Installation Failed" message.

Under Windows > Program Files > Common Files > Adobe, the Adobe XD CC directory has been created during the failed install.

There are no new directories under Windows > Program Files > Adobe, Windows > Program Files (X86) > Adobe, or Windows > Program Files (X86) > Common > Adobe...but there are some DB files in Windows > Program Files (X86) > Common > Adobe sub-directories that were edited during the time I tried to install.

Here is the info from the install.log file:

ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/23/17 09:22:40:254 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 11876 | Inside hdpimControlProgress for request type '2' with driverXML

10/23/17 09:22:40:254 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 11876 | Exiting hdpimControlProgress with status '0'

10/23/17 09:22:40:730 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 11876 | Inside hdpimTerminateSession

10/23/17 09:22:40:761 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | FileUtils |  | OOBEUtils | 11876 | Successfully deleted directory from path: C:\adobeTemp\ETR2EA8.tmp. Recursive: 1

10/23/17 09:22:40:762 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 11876 | Exiting hdpimTerminateSession, successfully closed session '0'

10/23/17 09:22:40:773 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 13080 | Exit Code: 191

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:1.0.12.19

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 1.0.12.19). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml <AddUWPAppx>

<Name>Adobe.CC.XD</Name>

<Path>C:\adobeTemp\ETR2EA8.tmp\2\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx</Path>

<Version>1.0.12.19</Version>

<ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture>

<Publisher>CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US</Publisher>

<LaunchURI>adbxd:</LaunchURI>

<UWPDependencies>

<UWPDependency>

<Name>Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00</Name>

<Version>14.0.24123.0</Version>

<ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture>

<Publisher>CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US</Publisher>

<Path>C:\adobeTemp\ETR2EA8.tmp\2\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx</Path></UWPDependency>

</UWPDependencies>

<UWPDeploymentOptions>

<ForceApplicationShutdown>false</ForceApplicationShutdown>

</UWPDeploymentOptions>

</AddUWPAppx>

with error code 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/23/17 09:22:40:774 | [WARN] |  | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | CommBridge |  | OOBEUtils | 11876 | Pipe 00000000 not initialized, aborting write.

10/23/17 09:22:40:776 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 13080 | *************************  END Adobe Setup  *************************

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last thing that happens during an update is the uninstall of the previous version. If there are remnants of a previous version, but not everything, I can imagine the installer getting confused.

There is the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, which can remove any leftover bits. It's here:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

I just tried it under Windows 10, and it's a somewhat ugly experience compared to the Mac version! That aside, you can quickly see if any XD parts are still installed, and have the tool remove those, before trying a new install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Colin.

I just uninstalled all the Adobe CC products, and the CC app, restarted my computer, and ran the Cleaner.

Then I reinstalled the CC app. The first application I tried to install from the app was XD. It failed at the same point it had been failing before I did the reinstall.

Ugh!

XD would have been very helpful for a project I'm working on, but I guess I'll have to wait things out till Adobe gets its act together as far as the Windows install.

And I know how you feel about Mac vs Windows. A lot of the larger companies in my area are using Macs for web development now. I had my theories as to why, but recently have discovered another reason, as I'm also using Node/NPM for this project. And it is so very buggy on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking that you only would clean the XD install, not remove everything! I hope the other apps reinstall ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, everything else installed fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EJohnsonVADHP,

I had a word with Xd support team and they would like to do some troubleshooting on your system.

I suggest you contact the live chat or call support and share this thread as a reference so they can perform the required troubleshooting.

Please refer to this link for Contacting Customer Care.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have chatted with Customer Care twice, and been passed around to different people both times. All I hear is that I have to disable antivirus software as a means of further troubleshooting.

Well, in a work environment with a large company or organization, the antivirus software is often mandatory and managed by some network administrator that may not even be in the same building. In some cases (such as mine), the policy is that it has to stay active.

No other CC product is requiring that I disable the antivirus software in order to install. That leads me to suspect that the problem is elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is a Universal Windows Platform application, and may not work in the same ways as the other CC apps. Here's an article about those kind of apps:

Universal Windows Platform - Wikipedia

I'm skeptical about whether disabling antivirus will help, but they only mean that you should do that while doing the install of XD. You could quit other applications to make sure nothing sneaks through, then reenable antivirus after the XD install.

I would bet that antivirus isn't the issue, but would be happy to be wrong about that! If you have the power to disable it for a moment, it could be worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw an article from PC Magazine dated earlier this year and it said "Windows 10 currently doesn’t let you install non-Windows Store UWP apps without turning on developer mode."

Did that change in subsequent Windows 10 updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good idea. Check your Apps & features section of the System Settings. There's a menu where you can choose to install apps from anywhere, which is how my one is set up:

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 11.46.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ironically, our PCs are locked down in that area - we can't install apps from the Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error 191 for me persists

Exit Code: 191

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:2.0.32.10

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 2.0.32.10). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
E:\adobeTemp\ETR4B6.tmp\2\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx
x64
CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
E:\adobeTemp\ETR4B6.tmp\2\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - on a PC with current Windows 10...

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:3.1.12.2

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 3.1.12.2). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
C:\adobeTemp\ETR4BE3.tmp\2\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx
x64
CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
C:\adobeTemp\ETR4BE3.tmp\2\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same error message in the PDApp log file on a system running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (2016), which doesn't have access to the store at all.

Which versions of Windows 10 are you all using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent XD update came up with error 191 and now I'm totally stuck. XD is not working, can't install it, can't update it, have tried everything previously suggested in this thread, with no success. Before this latest update, XD was working perfectly, and had been updated at least 2 times with no issues, so what now?

Using latest Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, build 16299.251.

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:6.0.12.6

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 6.0.12.6). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
C:\adobeTemp\ETRA32E.tmp\2\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx
x64
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
C:\adobeTemp\ETRA32E.tmp\2\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Note that my system is already set up in developer mode and allows apps from anywhere.

G
M
T
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A so-called in-place upgrade (keeping files and apps) of Windows 10 as detailed here worked for me:

How to repair Windows 10 with in-place upgrade. - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Hopefully, this may help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally don't like such a blanket solution as it may fix the issue but will most likely undo a lot of customisations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the Microsoft Store app and the app installer and XD installed with no problems. Go to the Microsoft Store app and check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had the same problem (Error 191) when trying to update Adobe XD in windows 10.

I'm connected using the work laptop (which mean a limited access to web and reduced privileges software like (AVECTO) ).

So to resolve this, the solution is pretty simple : All you need to do, is :

1- Close Adobe Creative Cloud

2- In your Keyboard, press the (Windows button), and search for Adobe Creative Cloud

3- Once your found it, right click on it, and select from the menu (Run as Administrator)

4- That's it, now retry updating it, and it gonna work !

solution-xd-2019.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved this by reinstalling microsoft's "App Installer" from microsoft store (it comes with windows, but many "things" come with windows so probably many users just think it is bloatware and remove it on a fresh install) , this allowed XD installer to install the appx files mentioned in the log and finish installing successfully. Hope this helps someone, took me many hours of research to realise it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines