• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform > Rotate - Overlay changed

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the grid overlay, that shows up when using Transform > Rotate. It suddenly changed from last time i was in LR. It's a really big size now, with around 6.5 squares, compared to the 100's that was there with the regular grid overlay.

How do i change it back? it's messing up my workflow, yo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Press CTRL, ALT and O together to show the grid then press and hold CTRL and a small options box will appear at the top of the screen enabling you to change size/opacity (you can also access the grid from the View menu/Loupe Overlay)

-bh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press CTRL, ALT and O together to show the grid then press and hold CTRL and a small options box will appear at the top of the screen enabling you to change size/opacity (you can also access the grid from the View menu/Loupe Overlay)

-bh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for the grid overlay that is part of the Transform functions.  It simply changes the grid that is accessible as part of the View menu/Loupe Overlay.  The one that is part of Transform >Rotate was fine but got turned into something so gray and semi transparent that it is no longer useful when you are rotating, etc. in the transform function.  As I mentioned, it was fine for years but, with the new Lightroom Classic release, it got messed up. Hopefully someone will realize this and change it back or make it so the user can change it, as it is about useless as it sits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked it on LR Classic (on Windows 7) that I have and it still functions correctly.

I am able to set size and opacity using CRTL key. (And size only using toolbar slider)

Make sure that you have the Grid options set to "Always" in the Grid options on the toolbar.

It does not seem that the CTRL key works if it is set to "Auto"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the grid with CTRL in ALWAYS but why do you need to see the grid when in the other panels.  The problem is the changes made in ALWAYS do not carry over when you use AUTO.   This is either a bug or a really poor design which would not be unusual in Lightroom..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on another post with similar question it looks like the Grid opacity stays locked at ~20-30% when it is set to "Auto"

(Same behaviour as for LR5.71 and CC2015.12)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please put the transform grid back the way it was or give us options.  I agree it's not very usable currently.  Makes me wonder how you test the interface.   Seeing eye dog?  

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have complained about hard-to-see grid lines in LR 7 (Classic). Please add your me-too vote and details of your issue, including a full-resolution screenshot, to this bug report: Lightroom Classic crop overlay | Photoshop Family Customer Community . The more people who vote, the more likely Adobe might pay attention, and you'll be notified of any change in the issue's status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 (June 2018 release)

Please update Lightroom to the latest version. See Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Here's what new in the 7.4 update release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines