• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2018 crashes when I click "File" on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opens fine but then I hit "file" and it freezes. No CPU % activity.  No memory change.  Just hard frozen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

"Fixed" it.  If I disable the Start window in preferences (once it eventually unhangs) I can start the app and click file immediately.  It's a bug in the Start window which only manifests once you click File.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any plugins/scripts installed?
Can you post the info on the crash from Event Viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have quite a few plugins installed, but it's not crashing during loading. And it's not really crashing it's just freezing.  The app runs smoothly until I click File.  I can hover over buttons and they all highlight and respond smoothly.  The app is fine until I try to open files.

The program AfterFX.exe version 15.0.0.180 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 4cf8

Start Time: 01d34f7d33b0b556

Termination Time: 14

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018\Support Files\AfterFX.exe

Report Id: ebef684b-7917-4511-8e79-c14cb69e0755

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey if I wait 5 minutes it responds! But then if I close AE and reopen it, it freezes again so it's not a one-time thing.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's exclusively the file menu.  I can open Help, Window, View, Animation, Effect, Layer, Composition, Edit... HANG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Fixed" it.  If I disable the Start window in preferences (once it eventually unhangs) I can start the app and click file immediately.  It's a bug in the Start window which only manifests once you click File.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines