• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototype links in a symbol not propogating

Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this feature - the capability is there:

Allow interaction wires/links from objects inside a symbol – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & ...

However, this is not working for me. Windows 10, XD CC

Steps

1. Make a symbol like a sidenav bar
  2. Copy that symbol to 5 pages (5 links)
  3. Now go to the original symbol (or any I guess)
  4. Wire up prototype links inside the symbol
  5. Go to the other pages

Expected behavior: They all have the links

Actual behavior: Nothing - and a deep sign of frustration from me

Is this supposed to work the way I assumed and is broken? Or is this "as designed", in which case I might switch to another product because that is not cool at all.

Thank you.

elaine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

I've done some research on this and it seems that what is supposed to happen is that you go into prototype mode and copy the wired objects to other pages and then it would stay linked.

And apparently it used to work that way, but with the May 2018 update many users (maybe all?) have lost that functionality.

You can get around this by clicking the item, holding down alt, and dragging it to the page you want it on. More annoying, but less annoying than reconnecting all your links each time. This is

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent quite a while researching how to add links to a symbol then copy it to other pages. It seems weird to me that you must do this in one specific ritualistic way, where you copy the symbol from within prototype mode. But when I did that, the links embedded in the symbol, a masthead for a website with a bunch of buttons all linking to their pages, did not carry over to all the instances. It was ridiculously random. Out of 20 or so copies of the symbol, they almost all had different combinations of the links intact. It is very frustrating. After spending all that time, it seems I have to go back and link every instance of the masthead individually, button by button, which is exactly what I did not want to have to do.

I also don't know whether, even if the feature is working the way it is meant to, I would be able to tweak the links and have them propagate. I have a sinking feeling that that wouldn't be the case, that I'd have to ungroup the symbol, tweak the links, then delete all the other uses of the symbol then copy and paste the symbol back onto every page.

Adobe Support - is there any help you can offer here? Is this feature just not really sorted out yet? It seems very sketchy so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to know the answer to this. Adobe any reaction? This seems basic functionality in order not to go crazy over prototyping a wireframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've done some research on this and it seems that what is supposed to happen is that you go into prototype mode and copy the wired objects to other pages and then it would stay linked.

And apparently it used to work that way, but with the May 2018 update many users (maybe all?) have lost that functionality.

You can get around this by clicking the item, holding down alt, and dragging it to the page you want it on. More annoying, but less annoying than reconnecting all your links each time. This is a known issue and they claim to be working on it. https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34250005-copy-paste-symbol-in-...

Copy Paste Symbol in Prototype mode does not paste nested wire links - Windows – Adobe XD Feedback :...

Prototype links in a symbol not propogating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines