• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you tether and edit at the same time without the next picture interrupting you?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you tether and edit at the same time without the next picture interrupting you?

I am studio shooting and my assistant is editing at the same time but the pictures that I tether interrupt the editing by taking over.

Many thanks

Yaz

Discussion moved from The Lounge to Photoshop General Discussion by moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify your workflow and problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of assistants working on the editing side but when I shoot and tether my pictures the picture that is being edited is being automatically replaced by the tethered one. I would like to know about how to avoid having the tethered pictures taking over the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this a Lightroom issue rather than Photoshop?

Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you would use this workflow. Shooting while tethered and editing at the same time really is beyond the design of the application. One can't be in two modules at the same time either or in the same catalog while on two computers.

You might want to try this:

If you have an iPad and the images are  dropped directly into a synced collection to Lr Mobile, basic edits to crop, exposure and the like can be done on the tablet in Lr Mobile while that main catalog is tethered and you are shooting. After the shoot is done and you have select images to promote for reproduction, you can finish with additional edits as needed. Edits that were made in the synced collection will be updated to the master image automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, my apologies for not explaining myself properly, before I carry one, I have now sorted my issue.

We are photographing events whilst selling our prints there an then, so we needed to tether our pictures for our individual clients to see and then decide which one they want, all that in a short amount of time.

We like to use Lightroom to do very small adjustments and as I mentioned, it is now sorted, we can now work very efficiently, photograph, tether and edit simultaneously. 

Thank you very much for taking time.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YW - What did you do to sort this. Your scenario is an interesting one and it would be fun to know what you did to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do it?

I am looking for the same answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boris - see my suggestion in my previous response. If you save images shot while tethering to a synced collection, you can continue to shoot and edit. However, you will be making basic edits in a browser version of Lightroom and tethered to the main app.

I don't know any other way to shoot and tether at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

would be helpful if you shared your solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines