• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If someone has signed using a certificate from a trusted third party, can I see the full security chain?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to verify the signature, I would like to be able to see any information they used in creating the signature (such as ssn, date of birth, etc.) and see whether changes have been made to a document. What I don't want to have happen is just have to rely on the third party for authentication and have them just tell me "it was signed." I want to be able to access the full audit trail. If this is the case, does that mean I have to pay for / create the account with the third party that I then allow the signer to create an account through?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

You can look at Signature Properties, which will show the full chain to the trusted root. You can't see the signers details that they used to get the certificate issued, because those are not in the certificate nor are they anywhere else in the chain. (Thats why you have a Trusted root certificate -- the Certificate Authority takes responsibility for the identity of the signer)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can look at Signature Properties, which will show the full chain to the trusted root. You can't see the signers details that they used to get the certificate issued, because those are not in the certificate nor are they anywhere else in the chain. (Thats why you have a Trusted root certificate -- the Certificate Authority takes responsibility for the identity of the signer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines