Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D mesh reflections

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

Is it possible to create a reflection in the 3d environment that would follow the mesh and textures when the mesh is moved around the environment and can also be rendered as part of the final image?

Hope you can help!

Phill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Do you mean something like this?

If so - just increase the reflection and roughness properties of the groundplane in Environment Properties

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies,

I thought I was posting in a Photoshop forum, could please redirect for me?

Many thanks

Phill

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean something like this?

If so - just increase the reflection and roughness properties of the groundplane in Environment Properties

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a reflection in the 3d environment that would follow the mesh and textures when the mesh is moved around the environment and can also be rendered as part of the final image?

Daves solution will work for a flat mirror reflection, but if you mean an actual environemnt reflection on the object itself, you would simply apply it as a static texture to the diffuse and specular color channels. Also note that good reflections usually require some sort of environmental geometry, be that just white luminescent planes as fake window lights.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there, Dave’s suggestion is ideal for me as a beginner in 3d and also the 3d work I will be doing will be cubes with artwork on them so no need for anything to intricate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines