• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting font in Photoshop Elements 15 leads to crash

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have just started happening within the last couple weeks, but every time I try to change the font in Photoshop Elements 15 by clicking the down arrow drop-down in the tool options for the text tool, I get a "Photoshop Elements 15 Editor has stopped working" Windows pop-up, followed with the program closing out. Does anyone know why this is happening or have a work-around?

I'm running the latest Windows 10 version and I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it continues to be a problem. I've tried changing font in an opened psd, a new canvas, or even without anything open at all to the same results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Type tool's option bar, look for a box with lines in it on the right. Click on it to reset the tool. If that does not fix it, suggest that you reset preferences to default. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response, but unfortunately after trying both suggestions and closing/relaunching the program, I'm getting the same results.

Edit: I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the font that shows up by default in the drop-down (Myriad Pro Regular), but that didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution. I noticed that while I could not select a font from the drop down as it would crash as soon as I tried, that I could still select fonts by clicking on the font name (making sure not to expand the drop down) and pressing up and down on my keyboard.

This ended up leading to another error message where I couldn't use texts because a different error message would pop up. Searching for an answer to that message lead me to a post in this thread.

Something prevented the text engine from being initialized, PSE 15

Capture.JPG

This post in it solved that newer issue and all of a sudden the drop-down for selecting fonts is working again.

Thank you for trying to help anyways hatstead​.Have a great rest of the weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that everything is ok. Thanks for the follow up.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines