• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop File "Icons"

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, anywhere I have a saved Photoshop File, it used to have the original icon -- the blue box with the logo in the middle.

Now, the icons has changed. Sometimes it would be the icon inside a blank page, most of the time it looks like this:

2Untitled.png

The Type is not a normal PSD. (Adobe Photoshop Document) file anymore but a Adobe Photoshop Image 13 file.

I can't open the file by clicking on it, but I have to enter Photoshop. Now, if I start creating/saving new files, it is Image 13 format.

How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Uninstall CC2018 and reinstall again. That should return things to normal.

Did you have any previous version installed, specifically CS6 (Photoshop 13)? At default settings, the update installer also removes any old version already installed. Unfortunately, this uninstall happens after the new version is installed, and that can sometimes cause a lot of strange problems. Some registry settings that should point to the new version, get changed in that uninstall and are left orphaned.

Rather inconspi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall CC2018 and reinstall again. That should return things to normal.

Did you have any previous version installed, specifically CS6 (Photoshop 13)? At default settings, the update installer also removes any old version already installed. Unfortunately, this uninstall happens after the new version is installed, and that can sometimes cause a lot of strange problems. Some registry settings that should point to the new version, get changed in that uninstall and are left orphaned.

Rather inconspicuously, there is an "advanced options" rolldown in the installer, and here you can uncheck "remove old versions". But few people notice that. If you do wish to remove the old versions, do that before running the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was always CS6. No changes that I would recognise to have been made. I don't have CC, or any form of it.

I'll try uninstall and reinstall with the advance options advice you have provided, if it is present when doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines