• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create an intro like this on After Effects?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to video and I am trying to learn how this guy does his intro for his YouTube videos (link provided below). I've tried searching it up on my own, but so far I am only able to get the fade part and creating the text down, not quite sure how he creates and animates the boxes like that, and makes the subtle brightness near the end. If anyone can provide me with a step by step or can link me to a video tutorial that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!

Video link - Feiyu A2000 Dual Handle Kit Review - Is this $800 Camera Gimbal worth it? - YouTube  (0:43-0:50)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

If this is what you are looking for:
Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 9.30.22 PM.png

Start by breading it down. The square on the left can be created with one shape layer, stroke only and a trim paths animator added.

The Text on the left is a separate text layer. The square on the right with the text is easily created by putting a text layer above a solid or a shape layer and then using the text as a track matte. The line of text at the bottom is another text layer.

Parenting can be used to lock the left square and left text together and the r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is what you are looking for:
Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 9.30.22 PM.png

Start by breading it down. The square on the left can be created with one shape layer, stroke only and a trim paths animator added.

The Text on the left is a separate text layer. The square on the right with the text is easily created by putting a text layer above a solid or a shape layer and then using the text as a track matte. The line of text at the bottom is another text layer.

Parenting can be used to lock the left square and left text together and the right square and text track matte together. Then it is just a matter of setting in and out points, animating position and opacity. Really basic stuff.

Because you could not figure this out on your own I strongly suggest that you start here: Basic AE

Go through the first section completely, then dig into the middle and right sections to learn more.

By the way, the animated title would be a single composition. You would never edit all those shots together in After Effects. That is what Premiere Pro is for. AE should only be used to create composites, effects, and animations that you cannot create in your NLE. More than 90% of my comps are a single shot under seven seconds because most of the films I work on don't have very many longer shots in any of the scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch Rick, got most of it down!

One final question, near the beginning of his intro, the right box seems to slowly fade into the video before sliding to its spot, how did he manage to get that fade in effect?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TheRobOng  wrote

the right box seems to slowly fade into the video before sliding to its spot, how did he manage to get that fade in effect?

Keyframe opacity & position  Animation basics in Adobe After Effects

Make an effort.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines