Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LoadMovie within two swf files- one as a controller

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I need experts' help.

I'm trying to use LoadMovie function in a different way. I'm not even sure this is possible.

I have three swf files, named 01, 02 and 03. So I'm going to run 01 and 02 files same time by double clicking the files.( or as stand alone players) now what I want is, I want to click a button on 01swf file and load 03.swf file on to 02.swf file. So the 01.swf file works as a controller. Is this possible and if so how to do it?

Please help..

Regards

Dulan

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Yes, it's possible. There is a thing called LocalConnection, the docs have example code:

LocalConnection - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

It may seem overwhelming, so do a search for as3 LocalConnection tutorial to find some manageable guides. Here's one I just found:

Flashvalley - Flash tutorials - Communicating between SWFs with the localConnection class

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's possible. There is a thing called LocalConnection, the docs have example code:

LocalConnection - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

It may seem overwhelming, so do a search for as3 LocalConnection tutorial to find some manageable guides. Here's one I just found:

Flashvalley - Flash tutorials - Communicating between SWFs with the localConnection class

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the thing I was looking for. Thanks a million Colin. I'm trying to use this on two screen so one as a controller. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I marked what I said as Correct Answer, if that's ok? It helps for other people looking for the same solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines