• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still confused on lightroom cc vs classic

Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Read something on adobes site that if you upload files to the cloud via lightroom cc on The iPhone or iPad it uploads the full file.

What happens if i just use lightroom classic and I save a collection to lightroom cc on my iPhone? Does it upload the full quality then?

Also im very stumped as to why I can’t keep the flash on in Pro mode when shooting photos in the lightroom cc iPhone app. I can turn on the flash but then the flash Disables itself as soon as I adjust an manual settings and won’t turn back on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

What happens if i just use lightroom classic and I save a collection to lightroom cc on my iPhone? Does it upload the full quality then?

It uploads Smart previews, which are somewhat lower resolution but lighter weight files than the full raw files. For almost all purposes those are just fine for editing on mobile and are much faster in downloading everywhere than full raw images. In Lightroom CC it will indeed upload the full raw file in addition to a smart preview.

Also im very stumped as to why I can’t keep the flash on in Pro mode when shooting photos in the lightroom cc iPhone app. I can turn on the flash but then the flash Disables itself as soon as I adjust an manual settings and won’t turn back on.

No clue. I never use the flash on my phone as it rarely gives good results. This might be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, Is there any point to needing Google Photos anymore? I currently have Google Photos. Can I ditch google photos or should I still keep it? Should I use both lightrom classic and Lightroom CC with just Lightroom CC for iphone pictures and Lightroom Classic for photos taken with other cameras?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines