• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Buttons in Acrobat causes Main Document Disappear

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an Interactive Document in InDesign consisting of buttons on a Map page that are linked to Photographs. I Exported this InDesign Document (with the Photographs) to an Interactive Acrobat Document (Mac High Sierra and Adobe CC 2018). The Buttons show well when opened in Acrobat, and the Buttons, when "Clicked" show the correct Photos.

The Main Acrobat Page is a Map, which disappears once a Button is Clicked and the proper Photo appears. This is true even if I turn off Tabs. To get back to the Main Acrobat Page (the Map), I have to reopen that page using the Finder>Open Menu in Acrobat. Once I click another Button on the Map page, the same thing happens again.

Is there any way to have the Main Map page be more accessible/intuitive/present to someone that is not so sophisticated with this Navigation?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Click Me First_And After Each Photo_Final Hike copy*.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say it's "linked to" a photo. How do you link it, in detail? For example, is it a photo on a web page, where you link to a URL and the browser opens? Or is it a hidden button that you may visible? Or one of countless other possibilities?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Attached are two Screen Shots that may answer your questions:

The first is a Screen Shot of InDesign where "Buttons and Forms" specify that "Click" will "Open File" which is a Photo of a Sign telling the hiker which direction to hike (this is a .pdf Photo file).

The second Screen Shot is taken within the InDesign app after all the buttons are created and Linked to the appropriate Photos. It is found from the Menu, "File">"Export">"Adobe PDF (Interactive)"; I circled this choice in RED.

The above will result in Map, .pdf File, and Photographs, which I already saved, as .pdf Files (and, I Linked to the Buttons within the InDesign App).

Thanks again for your help.

InDesignButtonScreenShot.jpg

ExportFrom ID Screen Shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I assumed this was all happening on the PDF page. These photos - what format are they in? If they are not PDF, Acrobat will open a different app, that the user just needs to close or quit to go back. This isn't recommended, because the user will get a security prompt in a lot of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your continued help.

The Photos are saved in .pdf format. Of course they all have to be in the same folder (properly named), as the .pdf Map file.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure there's much you can do in that model. Go back doesn't follow open file links, I think. Maybe a GO TO VIEW link would allow a back, but not sure if you can set them up in InDesign. Any ideas out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines