• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action created continues on EVERY use

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created an action to create a droplet in CC 2017 about two/three weeks back ....

I used the droplet successfully but now EVERY time I open photoshop (now 2018 - I upgraded thinking this might be the solution - wrong!) I get the EXACT same images that were open at the time of my creating the action and subsequent droplet and the error message 'The command "Select" is not currently available.' with two buttons to 'stop' or 'continue'....

It happens EVERY time I open PS from scratch and every time the same three images which I had opened following the use of the actions/droplet creation ....

Is there perhaps a plist somewhere I can delete which might rectify things?

tia

Clayton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you leave CC 2017 installed. Your droblet may be trying to start CC 2017.  CC 2018 is in a different location on your disk. Try generating the droplet with CC 2018.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks JJ...

I'm actually not at all interested in the droplet (its just the thing that precipitated the problem) I've in fact deleted the droplet and paused/stopped any actions associated .....  I have just tried looking to see if the CC2017 application is still on my Mac but it's not - it seems to 'automatically' get updated to 2018....I have deleted any extraneous 2017 plug in files etc but its made no difference at all ....what happens is - I go to Photoshop, open any image (whether via cntrol clicking on the image and selecting PS or by using commandO it makes no difference) the image I want is opened for the briefest moment then the spinning wheel takes the place of my cursor/tool and the three image I mentioned in my original post are opened (and the one I want is no longer open) and a window opens that says 'the command "select" is not currently available' (with two options to either 'stop' or 'continue').... I can THEN go and reopen my file I want and its all happy families - I can even close the three 'automatic' images with no trouble and so long as PS is open there is no drama.....UNTIL such time as i want to open PS afresh....then we back to the hullabaloo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like you may have set an open document or new document script manager event handler that is running an action or script and the Action or script is not well crafted for it trying to do some select when the selection tool being used is not approate so it is curretly not available.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that could well be the case JJ - I can't recall every having used script manager event handler (??) how do I turn it OFF? 
Any suggestions gladly received....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would a 'ditching' of the PS plist resolve anything you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follicle  wrote

would a 'ditching' of the PS plist resolve anything you think?

'ditching' of the PS plist????

You can use menu File>Scripts>Script Event Manager...  Enable or disable events, add event handlers and remove event handlers.  In CC 2018 I have set  Open Document and New document event handlers to add Garbage to get around the designer Bug Adobe added to scripting in CC 2015.5.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never got to the scripts suggestion you made - I trashed all plist's association with PS CC2017 and uninstalled PS CC (of all varieties) reinstalled CC2018 and Bob's-your-auntie all working soundly again

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines