Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC to Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I understand LR CC correctly, it pulls a smart preview from the cloud for me to work with on my laptop (assuming my catalog and collections are originating from a desktop using LR Classic), so if I choose to edit a file in PS CC and decide to save or export from there, how does that process work?

In other words, since I'm not working with the original file in Lightroom CC, is it correct to assume you aren't working with the original file in Photoshop (if opened from LR CC)?  If so, how does that translate back into LR or to export?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

In case that LR CC only has a smart preview, then it will use this in photoshop. For whatever reason it calls it a dng file while you work with it. When you save, it is saved as Tiff ( in my Photoshop at least) and then uploaded to CC and stacked with your original smart preview. The Tiff is called *-edit.tiff in LR CC as you can see with the info button. That Tiff is then downsynced into your shared CCCL collection and appears there next to your original file where the smart preview  was upload

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case that LR CC only has a smart preview, then it will use this in photoshop. For whatever reason it calls it a dng file while you work with it. When you save, it is saved as Tiff ( in my Photoshop at least) and then uploaded to CC and stacked with your original smart preview. The Tiff is called *-edit.tiff in LR CC as you can see with the info button. That Tiff is then downsynced into your shared CCCL collection and appears there next to your original file where the smart preview  was uploaded in CC, of course with the limited resolution pertinent to smart previews. When you delete that Tiff in CC, then it is removed from CCCL.

(when you edit a smart preview in CC, then changes are downsynced to CCCL and these are applied to your original there, hence you retain changes in full resolution)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines