• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Save As .PSD

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Recently, out of the blue Photoshop CC started not allowing me to save as a .psd. It is not doing it all the time, just randomly but I use Photoshop so much that is happens nearly every second day.

The problem is when I create a file, create layers etc and then I am ready to save I choose SAVE or SAVE AS and nothing happens. No error message. Nothing. If I have another file open in Photoshop I try to save that as a .psd and that won't work either. Nothing happens so it is not just the file I am working on - it is any Photoshop file I have open at the time. I can EXPORT and SAVE FOR WEB but cannot save as a .psd. I end up losing the file and restarting Photoshop. It will work fine for a while and then randomly this issue will happen again later that day or the next day. Doesn't matter the size of the file either.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I have reset Preferences and that didn't fix the problem and all updates are up to date.

Thanks in anticipation.

Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IOW you can't save at all, whether PSD or anything else - the save dialog just doesn't come up?

Could the dialog be off screen for some reason - for instance if you have disconnected an external display?

Can you try with a file you don't mind overwritten, make some changes and then just hit Ctrl + S - does that save correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I can't save at all. The dialog box doesn't come up. So I can click on FILE > SAVE AS but then nothing happens. I have checked if it is off screen. It is so weird to just start happening and randomly. I have tried what you suggested before, but sometimes it won't let me save and then other times, saves as normal. I can't work it out but it is very annoying as I lose work!

Kind regards

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about ctrl + S? That will just overwrite the file without any dialog coming up. If that works, it's the dialog and not the save procedure itself.

Long shot, maybe it's video card related. Try to disable "use graphics processor" for a while and see if it happens again.

Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Ctrl S doesn't work either but I will try disabling the video card. Thanks for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines