• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone figured out where CC cloud library appears in CC Classic

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot find much information on this online. Hoping we can help each other.

I did the conversion process and added my library in CC (cloud)

I set keep copy of local file and set this to an external HD

I am okay with using CC cloud to store images and do basic edits across devices. my question is this.

1) Say I want to do something in CC Classic thats not available in CC cloud. Where do I find these images?

2) Since I am storing all my images locally as well in CC cloud will CC classic find this link or will it actually download full resolution files for me to edit (this would seem very stupid, especially with my 89mb A7rii files)

3) Right now it seems like a mess because my images are already present in CC classic and now cloud. Im guessing eventually I would have to delete the old CC classic library or im going to have doubles of everything? or is it smart enough to realize these links

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Hi dws,

1) Say I want to do something in CC Classic thats not available in CC cloud. Where do I find these images?

In Lightroom CC all the images are available on cloud When you open Lightroom Classic, It should show you that image under collection because Lr Classic CC can access the image which is synced between Lightroom CC and Lightroom mobile.

2) Since I am storing all my images locally as well in CC cloud will CC classic find this link or will it actually download full resolution files for m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dws,

In Lightroom CC all the images are available on cloud When you open Lightroom Classic, It should show you that image under collection because Lr Classic CC can access the image which is synced between Lightroom CC and Lightroom mobile.

2) Since I am storing all my images locally as well in CC cloud will CC classic find this link or will it actually download full resolution files for me to edit (this would seem very stupid, especially with my 89mb A7rii files)

Well, the preview of that file should be available under the collections in Lr Classic CC as a preview.

3) Right now it seems like a mess because my images are already present in CC classic and now cloud. Im guessing eventually I would have to delete the old CC classic library or im going to have doubles of everything? or is it smart enough to realize these links

You don't have to delete anything because Lightroom Classic CC don't the actual image, It only captures the image preview in Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines