• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR"

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Vista Home Premium SP1, and I keep getting the following error while trying to reinstall Air. After the install, I get a dialog box telling me Air installed successfully. When I click OK, I get a second box telling me: "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact
your administrator."

This error has repeated itself time after time. Air had installed fine a while back, but programs using it began having problems with uprgrades, so I uninstalled them and uninstalled Air, then tried to reinstall Air.

Here's the .airinstall.log file from the last install attempt:

Performing runtime install
UI SWF load is complete
UI initialized
starting user confirmation
Installation type: new
starting elevated install
subinstaller: starting install
subinstaller: Scheduling runtime installation operations
subinstaller: Installed Product GUID: is same:false
subinstaller: Beginning runtime installation
subinstaller: Beginning install
subinstaller: Installing c:\users\me\appdata\local\temp\air7233.tmp\setup.msi
subinstaller: Execution complete; beginning commit phase
subinstaller: Commit complete
subinstaller: install complete
Elevated install completed
subinstaller: begin quitting
Elevated install failed (3001)
runtime install entering error state: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #3001" errorID=3001]
begin quitting

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks
TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting an error. I first noticed it when trying to install the jott express application. I then tried installing Adobe air 1.1 standalone.
Both logs are attached.
Jott Log
Starting app install of http://jott.com/jottexpress/jx.air
UI SWF load is complete
UI initialized
Unpackaging to C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\TEMP\fla1DD.tmp
unpackaging is complete
application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0
application is bound to this version of the runtime
app id JottExpress
pub id 50E28EE2422BD0599F081C2408B1BFDDBEFC6B6B.1
application not currently installed
Waiting for user confirmation
User confirmed action: install
creating native installer in: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\TEMP\fla1DE.tmp
native installer creation complete
Starting install
Destination for installed application is d:\Program Files
Installed Product GUID: is same:false
Scheduling uninstall of product guid {BB8B979E-E336-47E7-96BC-1031C1B94561}
Beginning install
Installing C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM~1\TEMP\AIR1D6.tmp\setup.msi
Uninstalling product w/ GUID {BB8B979E-E336-47E7-96BC-1031C1B94561}
Error occurred; beginning rollback: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1612" errorID=0]
Rolling back install of C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM~1\TEMP\AIR1D6.tmp\setup.msi
Rollback due to error complete
stateInstalling: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1612" errorID=0]
starting cleanup of temporary files
application installer exiting

Air Log

erforming runtime install
UI SWF load is complete
UI initialized
starting user confirmation
Installation type: additionalNewest
starting install
Scheduling runtime installation operations
Installed Product GUID: is same:false
Scheduling uninstall of product guid {BB8B979E-E336-47E7-96BC-1031C1B94561}
Beginning runtime installation
Beginning install
Installing c:\windows\system32\config\system~1\temp\air1f1.tmp\setup.msi
Uninstalling product w/ GUID {BB8B979E-E336-47E7-96BC-1031C1B94561}
Error occurred; beginning rollback: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1612" errorID=0]
Rolling back install of c:\windows\system32\config\system~1\temp\air1f1.tmp\setup.msi
Rollback due to error complete
error during install: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1612" errorID=0]
runtime install entering error state: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1612" errorID=0]
begin quitting

updater called with args:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0.6\Adobe AIR Updater.exe,-installupdatecheck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more bit of info: I had beta 1 installed, when I attempted to uninstall it with add/remove programs the .msi file couldn't be found and it is no longer on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's going on, but I've tried everything and looked all over on the web for a solution. Others seem to have had the same problem, but nobody so far seems to have found a solution. I've tried running the install as an administrator, gave full access in the permissions, and have tried deleting the install with the free Windows tool. Nothing seems to work. Very frustrating process. Must be even worse for non-tech people trying to use apps on this platform. Maybe developers jumped on the Air bandwagon a bit too soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2008 Nov 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone that knows why this problem is occurring? I know of another person it has happened to, so I assume it's not an isolated issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Air and the one program I have that runs on the platform multiple times, but I still get the same error message:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

I have checked and re-checked the permissions issue, and even though I am installing as administrator, it still gives the error message.

Any ideas why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2008 Nov 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This too was driving me insane. Here's what worked for me:

Download and install the
Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

Run it and look for an Adobe AIR entry. Mine was something like Adobe AIR 1.08 Select it and remove it.

Now try to install Adobe AIR 1.5.

Hope this keeps you from pulling your hair out. No thanks to Adobe/Microsoft 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jink,
Thanks for posting this. It has helped other users.

-ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'An administrator' causing Air to be refused is not an isolated problem! The issue repeats itself all over the werb in various forms. In my case the thing won't instal on an XP Home SP3 system, though it did perfectly easily 7or 8 months' ago (I had to uninstal it, but have yet to succeed in putting it back). My failure occurs within less than one second of the installation attempt being made (as recorded by msiexec.exe). Unfortnately, Adobe's direct help system merely repeated various mantras (run Windows Instal Clean Up Utility, etc. etc.) when I asked them about it at length a number of months' ago. Annoyed that this is the only application I cannot get onto my system, I had another go, on my own, today. Nix! Maybe Adobe have deliberately fixed it so that it only works on one or two selected systems, to force people away from old things like XP? As can be seen, one is reduced to finding sinister reasons for the failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using 1.5 or beta1 ? AIR 2.0 is publicly available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2010 Aug 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the time of the post (December 2009), AIR 1.5.3 was the current public release.  AIR 2 was still in beta.

Moved thread to the Installation Issues forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines