Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot save pdf files after highlighting text.what is the solution

Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am facing trouble saving pdf files after highlighting text in it.Either it takes long to save it or doesnt save it at all.It doesnt show the location where you want to save the file.please give me appropiate solution to save my files as all my efforts to highlight long texts went in vain due to this problem.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Can confirm had a similar issue and found resolution through this step: 

1. Uncheck "Show online storage when saving files."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ravirajg,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to save a PDF file after highlighting the text in the PDF file, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat/Reader installed from Help>Check for updates. You may also repair the installation file of Acrobat/Reader installed from Help>Repair installation.

If the " Save button" is blank, you can uncheck these two options by navigating to Edit>Preferences>General

1. Uncheck "Show online storage when opening files."
  2. Uncheck "Show online storage when saving files."

Try to reproduce the issue with a different  PDF, and if the issue persists, please share the following details:

1. Is it Acrobat or Reader installed , check from Help>About Acrobat/Reader.
  2. Is it a Mac or Windows machine?
  3. Dot version of Acrobat or Reader installed, check from Help>About Acrobat/Reader.
  4. Is it with one PDF file or with all the PDF files.

Hope the information helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar trouble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe acrobat reader DC newest one and when I try to save the save as screen will come but the locations for where i need to save it will not show up howe do I fix this please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have met the same problem, but  it is with one PDF file not all the PDF files. Do you know what the problem is with this exact file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Acrobat Pro and am unable to save my highlights to some downloaded pdfs of published journal articles. When I try to convert the files as suggested, the entire file gets saved as a blank image. Then Acrobat Pro crashes. This product is significantly inferior to the old version, for which clients paid a lump sum. Now, I've lost a half-day of work to a glitch. Please advise how I can save files with Acrobat Pro and keep my highlights intact. Unable to export to other forms or to save under other names/versions/formats without crashing the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. First I get a message that the file cannot be saved by the name, but if I save it with another name, the file "disappears" and cannot be opened again. I have windows 10 and the latest version of Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue is happeing with me. I go through an entire journal aricle making notes and highlighting details and when I try and save the file it goes blank and I am unable to read the PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm had a similar issue and found resolution through this step: 

1. Uncheck "Show online storage when saving files."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Acrobat Reader and I tried the fix above to uncheck "show online storage" but it is still unable to save the edits. This problem does not come up when I add a highlight and save the document; it only comes up when I delete a highlight and then try to save the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines