• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open URLs in pdfs in new tab on internet

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen the following forum, but the options are different and the Acrobat answer at the bottom is about displaying pdf in broswer (not what I am after) How do I open hyperlinks inside embedded pdf in a new window? (JavaScript)

I have a pdf I have uploaded to a website with a couple of links/URLs in, that when clicked by a user, I would like to open in a new tab (where currently they are open in the same frame).

I looked a 'Document JavaScripts', but did not seem to do anything.

Please help!
Using Acrobat Pro.

Many thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code provided by JR Boulay in that thread is the only way of doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the instructions they give:

Create a button field or link and in the Action tab, select Run a JavaScript from the Select Action pull-down menu. Click the Add button to open the JavaScript Editor and type the following code in the Editor window:

do not exist on Acrobat Pro, for example there is no 'Action tab' or 'Run a JavaScript' option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure there are. Did you look under the Properties of your button field?

If you're not seeing it then click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines