• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Projects on Same Server

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today was the first time I ever published 2 separate projects to the same server (thank goodness I used the DEV Server). They are totally separate projects - nothing the same and did not use anything from one project in the other. At the 4pm meeting to show the new project we noticed glossary terms, TOC topics, and even topic pages from my original project (2005) were showing up in this new project (less than 10 topics)

My server guy does not know why or what happened. I have done some research and cannot find the answer either (grange.org and Adobe Knowledgebase). I remember hearing something about setting "default" project.

Any ideas?

Cindi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cindi

Are you using RoboHelp Server and WebHelp or FlashHelp Pro output? If so, I believe there is a setting you may be able to change using the Configuration Manager that determines whether all projects published to the RoboHelp Server are automatically merged or not. It sounds as if you are wanting to publish multiple projects to the RoboHelp Server, yet treat them as individual projects without merging.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2008 Dec 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelpx5 with the RoboEngine and Windows Server - no source control.

My output is WebHelp Pro

My server guy is new and only has about 2 months experience with RoboHelp setup. Any specifics you can offer is sooo much appreciated.

Cindi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2008 Dec 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cindi.

I use RH6 Sever and have never used RHX5 Server. However in RH6 Server, launch the Configuration Manager (I believe this is the same in RHX5 Server) and click the Projects icon on the left hand side. In there is a "Automatically merge projects of same type" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am sending the instructions you provided to my server guy to try it - thanks so much, Colum. I will post my results.

Cindi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp