• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded Elements 15 some time ago. Went to open Premiere Elements 14 only to find it had been replaced with Elements 15?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the above, I updated Photoshop Elements 12 to PS Elements 15 a couple of months ago.  I had previously downloaded Premiere Elements 14.  I went to Open Premiere Elements on my Windows 10 laptop for the first time since updating PS Elements only to discover the even though it showed the Premiere Elements icon, it loaded PS Elements 15?  On checking the preference tab, it clearly indicates Premiere Elements which is not the case.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the shortcut and just create a new shortcut for the desired program.

Alternatively, right click on the shortcut and change its properties so it opens the desired program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response.  I did as you suggested but no luck.  If I hit the start button both Elements and Premiere Elements are shown.  If I double click on Elements 15, the program loads.  When clicking on Premiere Elements, nothing happens.  I then went back to the start button and typed in Premiere Elements.  The Premiere Elements App appeared.  Double clicking on the App did nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would uninstall and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your prompt response. I did as you recommended and uninstalled Premiere Elements 14 and reinstalled it. When I single clicked on the icon it indicated the program to be Premium Elements 14. On double clicking the icon to launch the program I was once again dismayed that the program is not what was downloaded this time it was PS Elements 14 not Premiere Elements 14. I then clicked on Control Panel and checked downloaded programs. It was clear the program downloaded earlier today was Premiere Elements 14. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines